PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] installation issue

Noniyobis
September 30th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I have two versions of ubuntu both on pwn drive so not ant linux on hdd. Now, one version is a bit unstable but some how has the network capabilitues to actually see my wireless network and connect! The other is eeebuntu jaunty, lspci sees my atheros ar25985 as unclaimed and has not logical name rev01, also says =latency0 ok, since I dont have access to internet there, how can I go forward setting up my wireless card apparently no driver. Can I use the repository or wicd directly or do I need to install to hard drive for this.

2F4U
September 30th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I would guess that the unstable version has a newer kernel and is therefore able to handle your wireless network. I would check the kernel versions on both installs and see if there is a newer kernel available for eeebuntu.

Noniyobis
September 30th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Ok but rhe issue is how do I install that kernel update if im running eeebuntu from a pendrive? So do I need to move it to hardrive ro the add files via a usb? Basically I need to know the limitations of a persistent usb os vs it actually being installed or should rhey work at same capCities. Rhe ver,of uvuntu ultimate connexts but after four mins disconects and have to reeboot just ro connext again cause icon is gone. I dont distinguish all rhese dirrerent protocols avail, packages. And repositories ohh my!