PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] skype icon not appearing

lovo
September 29th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Hey all,

For the last 3 months I have been using ubuntu 11.04 and I have a problem with Skype:
I don't see anymore the skype icon in the system tray area. I have tried to add to the panel all sort of notification areas and none of them include the skype icon. I can see my wifi signal, my dropbox icon, sound icon, the envelop.

This problem imply that I cannot see my skype application once I have closed the windows, whereas it's obviously still running in the background.

Regards,
lovo

Frogs Hair
September 30th, 2011, 02:46 AM
If you are using Unity try the white list . http://www.webupd8.org/2011/04/how-to-re-enable-notification-area.html

lovo
October 1st, 2011, 12:28 PM
No I don't use unity, I have disabled it.

mcduck
October 1st, 2011, 04:23 PM
No I don't use unity, I have disabled it.

Then make sure you have a Notification Area in your panel. (Right-click on the panel, select "Add to Panel", find the Notification Area-applet and drag&drop it into the panel.)

lovo
October 1st, 2011, 07:35 PM
Then make sure you have a Notification Area in your panel. (Right-click on the panel, select "Add to Panel", find the Notification Area-applet and drag&drop it into the panel.)

Ah, true!!
thanks!

Krytarik
October 1st, 2011, 08:20 PM
As mcduck's suggestion apparently fixed it, what exactly was this supposed to mean!?

I have tried to add to the panel all sort of notification areas and none of them include the skype icon.

lovo
October 1st, 2011, 09:58 PM
As mcduck's suggestion apparently fixed it, what exactly was this supposed to mean!?

I meant indicator applet, appmenu, Complete, Session.

The dropbox icon is in the Indicator Applet item, I really thought it should be on the same, but I was wrong :)