PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Finally figured out a installation problem

wavethumper
September 29th, 2011, 09:16 PM
okay for a day i couldnt fully install ubuntu 11.04 no matter what i done i'd get those errors and bam it would crash so after beating my brains out on why i couldnt do a fresh install i finally went to the advance partion option they give you before install ,
i deleted all hardrives and whatever was there i clicked change on the partion i was gonna use i set it to primary and i believe ext4 an mount was just this in the box
/
then i hit install a message came up stating i dont have no space swap and could encounter problems installing so i hit continue and it worked

so i dont know if anyone else has been beating their heads off the floor from your installation failing because firefox or libre couldnt install setup has crashed ,oh an btw i figured something was wrong when i still had the option to install ubuntu 11.04 next to 11.04 ,,,so sorry if this is confusing ,,im actually tired :)

ajgreeny
September 29th, 2011, 10:40 PM
But if you just go with the install defaults it automatically makes a / (root) partition, and a swap partition, so there must have been another reason for your problem. Are you certain that the CD you used is a good one, burned from a good .iso file?

wavethumper
September 30th, 2011, 12:12 AM
actually i did let it do it itself manually an my disc are all good because ive used them before, an this time i even made a bootable usb ,but the install wasnt going thru which i tried almost everything possible except for what i eventually did ,an theres alot of people who have had the same problem ,but i posted this so they wouldnt get a run around cause sometimes you have to find other methods an i did which worked great :)

wavethumper
September 30th, 2011, 12:25 AM
forgot to mention i'm still learning ubuntu i haven't messed with linux in years :)