PDA

View Full Version : 1day till dabber u exited?

Ben Sprinkle
May 31st, 2006, 12:36 PM
woot 1 more day ppl iv been waiting a while for this o ya post here with ur comments:p

hw-tph
May 31st, 2006, 12:40 PM
I doubt it will change much from now to June 1st so go ahead and do a dist-upgrade. :)

Håkan

Ben Sprinkle
May 31st, 2006, 12:42 PM
lmao i like official isos and such i hardly every upgrade old things such as linux i just dl the new iso :)

Iowan
May 31st, 2006, 12:44 PM
woot 1 more day ppl iv been waiting a while for this o ya post here with ur comments:p
Dapper-eve ??? :D

hw-tph
May 31st, 2006, 12:44 PM
Then you're missing out on one of the fine features of Debian - nearly painless upgrades.

Håkan

Ben Sprinkle
May 31st, 2006, 12:45 PM
meheh i like the big ol' installs and such of cd's woot dabber-eve lets party

WishMaster
May 31st, 2006, 12:47 PM
Currently using Breezy and waiting for ShipIt CD's to arrive.
I want to do a clean install for this ! (Upgrading from Hoary to Breezy (dist-upgrade) wasn't 100%)
So yes, I am excited ! :D

catlett
May 31st, 2006, 12:50 PM
Dist-upgrade wasn't easy for me http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=178903

manicka
May 31st, 2006, 01:04 PM
I've been using Dapper for months. All it means to me is a massive decrease in daily updates. w00t! \\:D/

bruce89
May 31st, 2006, 01:11 PM
No, but I have been looking forward to Dapper. I speak english, Je parle anglais, Ich spreche Englisch, Hablo inglés, Parlo inglese, انا اتكلم الانكليزيه , 我说英语.

moopere
May 31st, 2006, 01:28 PM
I speak english.

Hehehaha. Man this made me laugh, I was thinking the same thing :-D

Rikostan
May 31st, 2006, 01:39 PM
"1day till dabber u exited?"

Nope, I'm still here!

I am excited though and really for no reason. My main machine was switched to Dapper last week, so like manicka said, it will just be a lot less daily updates.
It will also let us start to talk about Edgy too.

bruce89
May 31st, 2006, 01:43 PM
Yes, but I have been using it for ages.

G Morgan
May 31st, 2006, 02:27 PM
There will likely be one final update where it goes from beta to ready. Really they should have made the last update the removal of the beta GNOME splash, that way there would have been an official release sort of feel as opposed to the slow evolution into a new OS.

Kernel Sanders
May 31st, 2006, 02:42 PM

I didnt think that "text speak" was allowed here? :confused:

Master Shake
May 31st, 2006, 02:54 PM
I did a dist upgrade last night. Took about 3 hours to complete. No error or problems, but it was slower than if I had the ISO cd's.Awaiting the final updates.

Thus far, I don't notice a whole heck of a lot of changes (Hey, the upgrade finished at 10 after midnight, so I only gave it abouot ten more minutes of playtime), but I did notice that Dapper is more responsive than Breezy, and also the menus are laid out a bit better. Most of the items from system tools are now put in the administration menu.

GoA
May 31st, 2006, 03:30 PM
I've been using dapper since flight 4. Tomorrow I just download the official cd and do a completely reinstall into a clean harddrive. After that installing XGL and other stuff what comes into howto's. Like optimizing XML's, elevator=cfq, prelink, mouse buttons etc tweaking.

Zodiac
May 31st, 2006, 04:01 PM
Well I'm amped... even though I have been running Dapper for months now, I am amped.