PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot Install Updates

lonestar101x
September 28th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Hello,
So to disregard the fact that my GPU isn't working, that's another forum thread, I have also ran into another startling problem that I haven't had in any other previous installations of Ubuntu 10.04 on my desktop, I can't install all my updates.

I have (i think) 163 updates to get and install, and they begin, and stop ubruptly with an error message (I'll put the message here when I get home). I can open a window that shows the log of the problem (put here when I get home)

I kno I have a little information as of now, but knowing that my GPU is messed up does anyone think that that could have anything to do with my update muffed up?

please help. Thank You.

mikewhatever
September 28th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Your updates and your GPU? Are you a robot or something?
Wouldn't it be kind of cool if Ubuntu could power one of those humanoids? Has it come to that now?
Anyway, can you tell us who designed your hardware and what updates you were trying to install.

Old_Grey_Wolf
September 29th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Those types of problems are usually something simple like a missing GPG key, typo in the sources.list file, an update server that is having problems, and so fourth.

We will need the error message to know how to help you troubleshoot the problem.