PDA

View Full Version : Software Patents in Europe

Zaphod_B
March 7th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Hi,

Today, the European Council adopted the Software Patent Agreement without further discussion, so now it's up to the European Parliament to prevent us from software patents to become common practise in Europe.

More info at this place: http://wiki.ffii.org/Cons050307En.

ember
March 7th, 2005, 03:43 PM
It's really a sad day and even more I'm quite angry on our government which did not interfere with this decision. I'm going to continue supporting the ffii, yet I guess I should start to learn Norwegian.

krusbjorn
March 7th, 2005, 03:55 PM
I am disgusted by our polititians. This is an extremely important matter, and what information do the public get? Nada. The freakin' parliament, which is supposed to provide wide-scale politics to our country, sit on their lame asses and watch while the swedish ministers do whatever they want; change swedish constitutional law, vote against the will of the swedish people in the european parliament (or maybe remain quiet in the more sensitive matters).

Give me a ticket to Easter Island and i'm not coming back to this craphole of a continent.

EDIT: typo.

Zaphod_B
March 7th, 2005, 04:29 PM
There is one point, which I can't understand: It is obvious, that a majority of people and regional parliaments including the European Parliament ist against this agreement and the danish minister was directed to oppose against the acclamation without further discussion but the vote has been won without any problems.

Second, what kind of justification is the announcement of the Luxembourg presidency, the agreement was accepted due to procedual reason not to undermine the whole process. If that shall be the case, why won't they restart the whole process as it was requested by the EP?

What kind of democracy is this, if an arguement is won tough a majority can be found easily voting against it.

Back to absolutism then? What do we have elected a parliament for?

Kimm
March 7th, 2005, 05:01 PM
its just Bullsh*t, its just something that prevents me and everyone else from doing something they like to do. To hell with it!

KiwiNZ
March 7th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Remember the only diference between a Dictatorship and Democracy is that in later you vote every 3 or 5 years those who will Dictate to you :roll:

Lovechild
March 7th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Great, we send down our minister to take care of this (the irony would have it that he and his party are for the patents but was instructed to speak against them by consesus of our parlement)

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

*So angry right now*

Reason for edit :Foul language

BWF89
March 7th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Remember the only diference between a Dictatorship and Democracy is that in later you vote every 3 or 5 years those who will Dictate to you :roll:
Except that presidents can be removed from office (atleast in America).

ember
March 7th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Great, we send down our minister to take care of this (the irony would have it that he and his party are for the patents but was instructed to speak against them by consesus of our parlement)

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

*So angry right now*
Actually it is no democracy anymore to my mind. I was quite happy that Denmark decided to intervene, yet the last business dinner for most of the people seem to have been quite good.

Dragonfly_X
March 8th, 2005, 12:01 PM
SCREW THE GOVRNMENTS!!! They have become the lap dogs of big companies like Microsoft, Nokia, Sun ect. PLS SUPPORT www.ffii.org :evil:

Lovechild
March 8th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Except that presidents can be removed from office (atleast in America).

In a Banana republic one replaces ones presidents with a bullet to the head... not that I'm encouraging anyone to shoot Bush, but I wouldn't cry it it happened. (same goes for the EC)