PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] dual boot & upgraded ubuntu 10.04 lts and windows disappears

nerajno
September 27th, 2011, 11:26 AM
i bought a used machine and dual boot ubuntu 10.04 lts and windows 7. Then updated the ubuntu ...... poof windows 7 disappears ....... I am a teacher and a part time web designer
Help me ](*,)

nerajno
September 27th, 2011, 11:32 AM
i bought a used machine and dual boot ubuntu 10.04 lts and windows 7. Then updated the ubuntu ...... poof windows 7 disappears ....... I am a teacher and a part time web designer
Help me ](*,) "Besides, I think Slackware sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't you?" (By Patrick Volkerding)

oldfred
September 28th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Post this so we can see your exact configuration. You can use liveCD to run this or your Ubuntu install.

Boot Info Script courtesy of forum members meierfra & Gert Hulselmans
Page with instructions and download:
http://bootinfoscript.sourceforge.net/
Paste contents of results.txt in a New Reply, then highlight entire file and click on # in edit panel(code tags) to make it easier to read.
Or You can generate the tags first by pressing the # icon in the New Reply Edit toolbar and then paste the contents between the generated [ code] paste here [ /code] tags.
V60 has improved formating and requires code tags to make it legible. New Version is a zip file that you have to extract to get .sh to run.

nerajno
October 6th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Because this is now my primary machine, i will have to wait till i have finished adding all the hardware then i will try the dual boot again...... like december. Thanks Guys:(

.......... mourning the death of Steve Jobs