PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a Free PDF of O'Reilly's Programming Python

ki4jgt
September 27th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Just bought O'Reilly's Programming Python 4th Edition for $3 (had a small tare on cover so the book was marked down). Since I own a copy of the book, I also legally have digital rights to it in the US. Where can I get a copy for my computer? My garage ceiling is about a story and an half so I can't change the lightbulb which just got shot and I would really like to program with this book.

sffvba[e0rt
September 27th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Typically the books come with a CD if there is an electronic version of the book available.

I doubt it would be available on-line in any form that the publisher would condone.

So keeping this in mind, I would like to point out the Coc:
Adult Content, Violence, Illegal Activity: Messages containing violent, sexually oriented, or illegal content or links to sites with this content will either be deleted or saved in the Jail as evidence. Messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be deleted. Posting or linking to any of these could result in a ban.

As I may be wrong I will keep this thread open for now...

ki4jgt
September 27th, 2011, 08:19 AM
O no, the book has a link to a company, but the company imposes DRM on a FREE copy of the book that only lasts 45 days. I've bought the book so I figured I had legal rights to a digital copy as well. Ubuntu doesn't do DRM, so there's another problem. I've read several GREAT reviews on it and can't read as I can't change the light in my garage. I figured if I got it from a third party it wouldn't be illegal for me since ROMS fall under the same rules. You are legally allowed to get ROMS and other media (music, books, programs) and use them as long as you are in possession of a legally purchased copy. Since that kind of information would probably allow users to also obtain it illegally, I guess my question should have been, Does anyone have any sneaky ways of getting a LEGAL digit copy of the book that I could try (Like emailing the author, which I doubt will work LOL)

temporary88
September 27th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Ask google, "O'Reilly' Programming Python rapidshare", but this is not Ubuntu forum question, this is warez question. Isn't it?

ki4jgt
September 27th, 2011, 08:27 AM
/Thread Closed :-(

sffvba[e0rt
September 27th, 2011, 08:30 AM

Sorry ki4jgt, but I think it was inevitable. (Try get a ladder or something and change that light bulb!)

nothingspecial
September 27th, 2011, 08:31 AM

I'm afraid so