PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.04 desktop display icons...

jspfeffer
September 27th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Please.. help.. I am going crazy... I had a great couple of ubuntu 11.04's running on vmware workstation..

Here is what my title bar looks like now.. the nice little icons that are the default are missing.. and I can't seem to get them back.. I imagine it must be a simple fix.. but I am at a loss.. :(

Copper Bezel
September 27th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Do the windows look un-themed as well, or is it just the panel?

dFlyer
September 27th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Have you tried:

unity --reset

Copper Bezel
September 27th, 2011, 07:20 AM
He's not using Unity. That's Gnome Panel. = D It looks like the gnome-settings-daemon bug, honestly, but if that were the case, the windows would be wonky, too. (I'm assuming that it's not just a theming issue, or he'd have mentioned that it was caused by switching to a particular theme.)

mirkaim
September 27th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Please.. help.. I am going crazy... I had a great couple of ubuntu 11.04's running on vmware workstation..

Here is what my title bar looks like now.. the nice little icons that are the default are missing.. and I can't seem to get them back.. I imagine it must be a simple fix.. but I am at a loss.. :(

If you are talking about the icons on the right side (clock etc.), you will have to right click the panel and click "Add to Panel" and search for "Indicator." I just did the complete one.

edit:
Actually, this looks a lot like the default.