PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 11.04 with Compiz and VMware Player, with Dual Screen Cube Rotate Issue

jeff.scott
September 27th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Howdy,

I have no hair left, please help. I'm running ubuntu 11.04, works great. I have Dual Monitors, works great. I have VMware Player, works great. And I have compiz running, awesome! Ok, so only two real issues. So far, I've only noticed this issue with vmware player, and it started after upgrading to 11.04.

When VMware Player is in "full-screen" mode, on either one display or dual-screen, and I rotate the cube, the vmware player screen moves to the new workspace on the cube. So if its on workspace1, and i click cntl-alt-right, the cube rotates cleanly, I see the new workspace 2, then about 1 second later, the vmware player is fullscreen on workspace 2. It's like "follow" cube rotate is enabled, just for this app. If vmware player is not fullscreen (either minimized or just not fullscreen) rotation works as expected. Also, this problem exists if using the mouse to rotate the cube/sphere.

Suggestions, please!

Oh, and second issue...not sure its related, again appears to be related to vmware player on compiz, and new issue since upgrading to 11.04. Vmware player can be fullscreen in the main display, or across both displays. Something is screwy with vmware player fullscreen on second display only.