PDA

View Full Version : [xfce] Two seperate Xfce4-panel configs for two seperate DE's?

TuxIsAwesome
September 27th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Ello, figured I'd drop by and ask a quick question that my curious little mind presented to me.

I currently use Openbox and Xfce4.8. I use Xfce4-Panel in Openbox and it works wonders, heck I don't even have to to add anything into the autostart.sh file since Xfce4-Panel seems to take care of all of that fer me.

However, I would like to start using Xfce4, mostly because Unity Sorta Bugs me..it's not that it doesnt have the features and all that, in fact I love most of it. It's just too slow even with the ATI Propriatary Drivers. Also, do not give me a solution involving said drivers unless you believe it would drastically help.

Theres just one tiny little problem with that. Openbox is using Xfce4-Panel, so the config for that panel will also be used in Xfce4. This is not what I want.

Basically, I need to know if there is a way to force Xfce4.8 to use the default config file for it's Panel('s), and to have another seperate one in a different folder which Openbox calls upon.

If this isn't possible then feel free to tell me. Otherwise I would love to hear of such a solution. If there's another Panel not called

BMPanel (Doesnt group Windows)
Gnome-Panel (Cant use cause of Gnome 3),
LXPanel (Has the most bizzare graphics problem on my machine, that of which I cannot describe in words)

I would love to hear about it. Remember though, it must support a notification-area