PDA

View Full Version : Help me with some driving problems I have?

intelligenceartificial
September 26th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I'm a pretty bad driver as I learned driving badly and can't mend my ways.

I get into accidents around once or twice a month and I've been driving for 14 months.

Parallel parking - The car never does what I want it to do and I keep banging something. Many times I've scraped the other vehicle and had to flee out of the spot.

Pedals - Major problem here. I don't use my feet as it is supposed to. I randomly use any foot I get for any pedal. I also have a habit of retracting my shoe away from the pedal and when I need it again I miss the pedal many times. Many times I also hit gas instead of brake and vice versa and this has led to accidents. Also I drive in 5 inch stilettos so when I do get hold of the pedals they slip off. My only big accident was because of this.

I tried to get myself to use one leg for accel/brake the other for clutch but I have got the bad habit so I'm trying to perfect my random method.

Any advice?

MG&TL
September 26th, 2011, 08:05 PM
...that bad? Maybe you should have a few refresher sessions at your local driving school. :shock:

intelligenceartificial
September 26th, 2011, 08:07 PM
...that bad? Maybe you should have a few refresher sessions at your local driving school. :shock:

Can't afford that, my bro taught me driving and he just said the functions of the pedals etc so I got in habit of doing things in my own way

KiwiNZ
September 26th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Motor vehicles are not toys and the road is not a play ground, simply put you could kill someone.

Either get professional training or stop driving until you can. What you are doing borders on criminal negligence.

intelligenceartificial
September 26th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Motor vehicles are not toys and the road is not a play ground, simply put you could kill someone.

Either get professional training or stop driving until you can. What you are doing borders on criminal negligence.

I passed my driving test the second time. But yes I should practice more in parkings and such I guess.

TeoBigusGeekus
September 26th, 2011, 08:14 PM

+1
It's one thing if you kill yourself, but what did other people ever do to you?

MG&TL
September 26th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Not really what you should be doing, but:

1. Find an **empty** supermarket car park (you've survived getting there thus far, I guess once more won't do any harm.) Preferably get your brother to drive you.

2. Train yourself, using a decent driver's manual or book. Stay in the car park, where you can do no harm, until you have trained yourself sufficiently to get home again without killing anyone.

But yeah, very irresponsible. Nobody here is going to report you (I would have said) but what country do you live in? If it was a farm in the australian outback or something, I could understand, but the UK or US, or Europe? Nuh-uh. Tell me the only problems are physical ones, and that you understand the highway code. Please.

intelligenceartificial
September 26th, 2011, 08:19 PM
not really what you should be doing, but:

1. Find an **empty** supermarket car park (you've survived getting there thus far, i guess once more won't do any harm.) preferably get your brother to drive you.

2. Train yourself, using a decent driver's manual or book. Stay in the car park, where you can do no harm, until you have trained yourself sufficiently to get home again without killing anyone.

But yeah, very irresponsible. Nobody here is going to report you (i would have said) but what country do you live in? If it was a farm in the australian outback or something, i could understand, but the uk or us, or europe? Nuh-uh. Tell me the only problems are physical ones, and that you understand the highway code. Please.

uk.

mips
September 26th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Many times I've scraped the other vehicle and had to flee out of the spot.

Fleeing an accident scene is a criminal offence where I live. The right thing to do if no one is around is to leave your contact details. I'm amazed that you even admit this in public, makes one wonder about the type of person that you are.

You should stop driving and get proper instruction before you do more damage or worse hurt someone or kill them.

MG&TL
September 26th, 2011, 08:23 PM
We have a few terrible drivers in the UK. I guess you're one of them.

And take the heels off. There was an accident in our village (leaving one badly injured and one crippled) where the driver could not get her (severely heeled) shoe off the floor in time to hit the brake. The court suggested that had she not been wearing the heels, she could have stopped in time.

forrestcupp
September 26th, 2011, 10:11 PM
My suggestion is to take the bus.

But if you absolutely have to learn how to parallel park, try using boxes or something instead of real cars. If you get caught scraping a car and fleeing, you'll be in a lot more trouble than just having to pay for their repairs.

KiwiNZ
September 26th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Due to some inconsistencies thread closed

And no staff will not elaborate here