PDA

View Full Version : The Anti-Rumor Thread

ki4jgt
September 24th, 2011, 03:39 AM
OK, for every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction (the fact that they both happen at the same time has nothing to do with this conversation) :-) But I thought how cool it would be to bust Internet rumors by passing other rumors around. This is my plan. I've had 3 people call me tonight and ask if Facebook was going to start charging because of this rumor:

IT IS OFFICIAL. IT WAS EVEN ON THE NEWS. FACEBOOK WILL START CHARGING DUE TO THE NEW PROFILE CHANGES. IF YOU COPY THIS ON YOUR WALL YOUR ICON WILL TURN BLUE AND FACEBOOK WILL BE FREE FOR YOU. PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON, IF NOT YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IF YOU DO NOT POST

I decided that just like anti matter is to matter, rumors too need anti-rumors. If you would like to help in this project I would be very obliged. I would've simply posted and asked people to repost, but once they figure out they're wrong, they have no interest in reposting my status. So, my next plan is the play along move. In order for this to work though we all have to have the same texts released so please copy and paste this to Facebook

IT'S OFFICIAL, DUE TO THE STAGGERING NUMBER OF USERS WHO COPIED THE FACEBOOK STATUS WHICH FREED THEIR ACCOUNTS, FACEBOOK HAS DECIDED TO DROP ALL PLANS OF CHARGING IT'S USERS IN THE SUMMER. PLEASE LET ALL YOUR FRIENDS KNOW.

kostageas
September 24th, 2011, 04:23 AM
You posted the exact same thing in the SRPP section of Hack Forums . . . lol

Khakilang
September 24th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Rumours like any gossip rumours may not be true. I simply ignore this kind of post and sometime I may mark it as spam. I just don't waste time on it.

CharlesA
September 24th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Killing it with fire.