September 24th, 2011, 01:00 AM
i was wondering if anyone can help me install this program on unbuntu
help would be appreciated
thanks, ajb117
Game Site is
op7.netgame.com

Shazaam
September 24th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Looks like it is a Windows only game. As it is relatively new I don't think WINE will run it.

Deuce1912
September 24th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Operation 7 game out a few years ago, 2009 I believe (I could be wrong.)

Back in 2009 running it in wine and Jaunty it was in the bronze category. I say try running it in wine and see if it works for you.

http://www.winehq.org/

Mark Phelps
September 24th, 2011, 06:24 PM
The Bronze rating is misleading. The text says that it installs but crashes, and what doesn't work lists "everything".

Such an experience SHOULD have been rated GARBAGE.

Deuce1912
September 25th, 2011, 07:13 AM
The Bronze rating is misleading. The text says that it installs but crashes, and what doesn't work lists "everything".

Such an experience SHOULD have been rated GARBAGE.

Yes I agree with you about the crashing thing, but keep in mind the Bronze rating was back on Ubuntu 9.04 and wine 1.1.12.

We are now on Ubuntu 11.04 (almost 11.10) and stable version of wine is Wine 1.2.3, and development version is Wine 1.3.29.

Things have changed, and that's why I advised the OP to give it a try anyway. It may work, and if so great, if not then, well at least he knows.

ajb117
September 28th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Thank for all your input, although i would love to play this game on Linux at some point or another i have seen info regarding people successfully playing it on Linux. but no information on how exactly they were able to do it i would hope the more post come out of this to give me the answer that i wish for.

Maybe Netgame will get smarter and make it for Linux as well

Thanks again,
Ajb117