PDA

View Full Version : Rdio for Desktop Player for Ubuntu?

Curt90
September 24th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Excuse me if this should go into a different category, I couldn't find one where it seemed to fit.

Does anyone know if there is a desktop player for Rdio (music subscription service) that is compatible with Ubuntu? Whether that be a way to get Rdio's desktop player working (preferably not with Wine) or if there is another 3rd party player that can play from Rdio? I found this question on Rdio's support forums from just a few months ago, it was answered by a Rdio employee saying that their "air app" supports Linux:

http://help.rdio.com/customer/portal/questions/19848-desktop-app-for-linux

The link she provided just redirects to your their normal desktop player page, which specifically only supplies versions for Windows and Mac.

I've tried googling for stuff a bunch of times but haven't come up with anything.

eudennis
April 17th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Did you find any answer? I tried the Nuvola Player, but didn't work yet for me, I'm trying to contact the support team.

But Nuvola Player is the best joice, I think. At least I was using for Google Music.

Primefalcon
April 17th, 2012, 04:36 PM
do a search in the software center for radio tray (yes thats the actual program name)... I think that's what your looking for