PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Two issues with Gnome in Natty

elizium23
September 23rd, 2011, 03:33 AM
First issue is that windows no longer raise when I use the move-window command (Super+Button1) without moving the window. I do not want windows to raise when I move them, nor do I want click-to-focus, but I want them to raise when I click on them this way, rather than having to find and click the title bar. The title bar is not always visible or immediately accessible.

Second issue is that when using Alt+Tab to switch windows, sometimes focus is not given to the new window. I fiddled with some Compiz settings on this and thought I fixed it, but just now trying it, failed to remove focus from the window under the pointer. This really puts a damper on keyboarding when I can't move the mouse for some reason.

Third: also when using Alt+Tab, no window name is displayed near the icon of any window I want to switch to. This makes it hard, for example, to distinguish between instances of Terminal where one has changed its icon title. In the CompizConfig Settings for Static Application Switcher, there is an option "Show Icon Only" and it appears to have no effect whether I check or uncheck it.

elizium23
September 26th, 2011, 04:47 AM
bump

elizium23
September 30th, 2011, 07:16 AM
bump