PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] RE: Adobe Flash Player 10...

Varsel
September 22nd, 2011, 11:43 PM
Its system requirements state it supports ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) and GTK2-based browser versions. Can anyone translate that into newbiespeak? I'm preparing to have custom-build done, and trying to insure the PC has everything it needs, to do everything I need it to do, and this sounds like a potential future screwup that I need to head off at the pass!

aura7
September 22nd, 2011, 11:46 PM
In newbie terms ..... your system can play sound and run browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Midori...etc.

wolfen69
September 22nd, 2011, 11:59 PM
Don't worry, you'll have everything you need after install. Flash will work fine.

kmsalex
September 23rd, 2011, 12:55 AM
If you think you can head off all your problems on linux (or any os for that matter) your more of a nebie then you might like to think. Install flash first, if it aint broke don't fix it. If it is... then come bother us :)

Varsel
September 25th, 2011, 11:29 PM
In newbie terms ..... your system can play sound and run browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Midori...etc.

Well, I will be using Opera and Midori (looking into Epiphany), so sounds like that is all green light. The ALSA is still a concern. Been to alsa-project.org. Not much helpful to a newbie. Can you shed any light on this stuff?

wildmanne39
September 26th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Hi, ALSA is for sound in ubuntu, most people do not have trouble with sound, but there are no guarantees.

Here is a guide in case you do
http://lkubuntu.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/sound-troubleshooting/
Thank you