PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Locked desktop allows one click before making me log in

TrombaMarina
September 21st, 2011, 05:09 PM
When I walk away from my computer, the screen goes to sleep and the desktop locks (GOOD). When I come back and move the mouse, the screen wakes up and I can see my entire desktop as though it's unlocked (BAD). I even get one free click (I usually press play on the Indicator Applet which starts Banshee playing again) but really I'm allowed to click on anything (REALLY BAD). Then the screen blanks out and I'm forced to log in (BETTER LATE THAN NEVER).

This seems like a security issue. Anyone can walk up to my supposedly locked desktop, wiggle the mouse, see the entire screen, and click once on anything they want to before being asked to log in. Maybe if they wait they will get another click? I've never tried. Does anyone know why this might be happening? This issue has been there for a while, certainly since 10.11.

I'm currently using 64-bit Natty Ubuntu 11.04, Ubuntu Classic (Gnome) desktop with No Effects.