PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Desktop icons - white background black lettering?

OM NOM NOM
September 21st, 2011, 03:42 PM
Hi Folks,

Ok not a critical issue but an annoying one for me. I use Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit on my laptop with Ubuntu Tweak installed. For some reason when I enable desktop icons the names of them are presented in black text on a white (ish) background. I'd just like backgrounds to be transparent, which I believe they were at one point.

A couple of things to note:

- I believe that this problem started when I installed Kubuntu-desktop to try it out. I removed it as it wasn't for me but my GNOME desktop has never seemed quite right since.

- I removed the .gconf files to reconfigure from scratch but it didn't help the situation.

I'm sure it something simple but I'm completely missing it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Frogs Hair
September 21st, 2011, 05:44 PM
I don't use this feature , but when I enable it the Icons appear with white lettering and only display a background behind the lettering when the icon active or selected .

The color of the background seems to be dependent on the GTK theme . Since some Ubuntu Tweak functions are a shortcut to the configuration editor , you could look there .

To clean any KDE leftovers see the link .http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/puregnome