PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to start a band?

ki4jgt
September 20th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I've been wanting to put together a band here lately, but can't find anyone who could do it in my local town. I've started to wonder how cool it would be to put together a band over the Internet. Anyone interested?

GWBouge
September 20th, 2011, 06:18 PM
If I had a way to properly record off my amp, hell yeah. If you don't get much interest here, I'll look into getting what I need. Play bass, by the way.

Frogs Hair
September 20th, 2011, 07:48 PM
What I have done in the past is check the local music stores , they usually have a board to post on and get phone numbers from . There are also musicians websites that are easily found . Open mic. nights are another a good place to meet other players . Some of the coffee shops in my area have open nights if you are not able to go to bars yet . In Fall and Winter many bars in my area have open mic. nights usually ending in spring .

ki4jgt
September 21st, 2011, 01:56 AM
If I had a way to properly record off my amp, hell yeah. If you don't get much interest here, I'll look into getting what I need. Play bass, by the way.

I've gotten a ton of responses from Hackforums.net. About 12 people are interested. I'm wanting to do something like the Tryad project. It started out as three people online and grew into an entire community.

What I have done in the past is check the local music stores , they usually have a board to post on and get phone numbers from . There are also musicians websites that are easily found . Open mic. nights are another a good place to meet other players . Some of the coffee shops in my area have open nights if you are not able to go to bars yet . In Fall and Winter many bars in my area have open mic. nights usually ending in spring .

I live in SMALLTOWN, USA. :-( No music shops around here.

ninjaaron
September 21st, 2011, 02:11 AM
I want to start a band. I've been without one for two years

But I don't want to start a band on the internet. Playing shows is the most enjoyable part of playing being in a band, in my opinion.

ki4jgt
September 21st, 2011, 02:46 AM
I want to start a band. I've been without one for two years

But I don't want to start a band on the internet. Playing shows is the most enjoyable part of playing being in a band, in my opinion.

Well, I mean we could do it in a virtual way. Ustream, ubroadcast (which allows guest hosts) Second Life :-) (Sorry, just had to say it) We could also throw a first time get together concert for the fans.