PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] any way to measure fps of wine games

ddr3XD
September 20th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Im want to measure the fps of my wine games but dont know how to. I've seen threads asking about this but none seem to be of any help. Does anyone know any way i can measure fps of my wine games?

Any help would be appreciated.

dino99
September 20th, 2011, 11:44 AM
hm, fps is about hardware graphic output not software

Toz
September 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM
See:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/how-can-i-measure-fps-in-wine-781321/

ddr3XD
September 20th, 2011, 01:13 PM
See:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/how-can-i-measure-fps-in-wine-781321/

Thank You!!! :p

I also dug further and found out how to display fps onscreen by using osd_cat. To do this first get osd_cat by typing in the terminal

sudo apt-get install xosd-binThen you can display fps onscreen by using this command

WINEDEBUG=fps wine YOURGAME.exe 2>&1 | tee /dev/stderr | grep --line-buffered "^trace:fps:" | osd_cat

ddr3XD
September 20th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I did'nt know if I should have made a new thread for this since i already marked this thread as solved. So forgive me if i was suppose to do so. So anyways i got my fps counter working beautifully. I improved it further with the code below

WINEDEBUG=fps wine YOURGAME.exe 2>&1 | tee /dev/stderr | grep --line-buffered "^trace:fps:" | osd_cat --lines=1 --font="lucidasanstypewriter-bold-18" --color=yellowAnd now it almost looks like the Fraps OSD :). The only thing is that it outputs a bunch of other stuff along with the fps output, which im trying to take out and just output the actual FPS. So i tried to use the cut command like this:

WINEDEBUG=fps wine YOURGAME.exe 2>&1 | tee /dev/stderr | grep --line-buffered "^trace:fps:" | cut -c25-30 | osd_cat --lines=1 --font="lucidasanstypewriter-bold-18" --color=yellowbut i get no output from osd_cat(well atleast until i exit the game then osd_cat flashes the output for slight second). Why is it doing this? What am i doing wrong?

Toz
September 21st, 2011, 12:34 AM
After a bunch of trial and error (mostly error), I came upon this that seems to work:

WINEDEBUG=fps wine YOURGAME.exe 2>&1 | tee /dev/stderr | sed -u -n -e '/trace/ s/.*approx //p' | osd_cat --lines=1 --font="lucidasanstypewriter-bold-18" --color=yellow

ddr3XD
September 21st, 2011, 12:42 AM
after a bunch of trial and error (mostly error), i came upon this that seems to work:

winedebug=fps wine yourgame.exe 2>&1 | tee /dev/stderr | sed -u -n -e '/trace/ s/.*approx //p' | osd_cat --lines=1 --font="lucidasanstypewriter-bold-18" --color=yellow
Nice!!! =D>

Thank You