PDA

View Full Version : Use Alibaba Trade Manager with Ubuntu

technosysind
September 20th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Hey Guys!!
Is it possible to run alibaba trade manager on ubuntu. I have use windows just because of alibaba trade manager. I tried some settings using wine but it did not work:-k
Please tell me how can I do that??

Thanx

uRock
September 20th, 2011, 07:33 AM
I ran it through the search engine and from what I see they do not offer Linux compatible software.

technosysind
September 20th, 2011, 07:36 AM
U are right but then even Itunes is not suppose to be compatible with Ubuntu. I am using itunes with wine+playonlinux.
Is there any way I can make Alibaba trade manager work on Ubuntu.

uRock
September 20th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Moved to the Wine sub-forum. iTunes is installed in Wine, not ubuntu. ;)

technosysind
September 20th, 2011, 07:44 AM
I said the same thing that I've already used wine+playonlinux for itunes. Is there a similar way of running alibaba trade manager ??

Elfy
September 20th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Alibaba is not listed on the wine appdb.

Try it - if it works, add it to the wine appdb.

If it doesn't then it's one of those numerous cases where wine doesn't work.

technosysind
September 20th, 2011, 07:59 AM
I tried and its not working :(
I hope someone has been able to find a solution to this. I have a dual boot on my laptop just because of this problem. I hate windows

technosysind
September 26th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Someone please try to help me with this problem. I have a windows dual boot on my laptop just because I cannot run alibaba trade manager on kubuntu. Guys please help me as I want to get rid of windows

Elfy
September 26th, 2011, 08:02 AM
If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work - wine is not a panacea for getting rid of windows and using windows apps.

If you need to run a dualboot to use some app you need you will not be alone.

technosysind
September 26th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I'm a businessman and I need to be logged on to alibaba trade manager whole day to handle new inquiries. So with no solution to this problem will keep me on windows only and I really dont want that :(

There is no way possible, its hard to believe

Elfy
September 26th, 2011, 08:09 AM
A quick search on google for 'alibaba on linux' found a thread at the top - this is an ongoing thing with them - in 4 years they've not bothered with a linux version so I would think that they aren't going to.

Such is life.

Use it in windows or install windows in a vm like vbox if you have sufficient ram.

There is no way possible, its hard to believeIt's perfectly easy to understand - the company making the software see no need to provide a linux version - a business decision for them.

technosysind
September 26th, 2011, 08:12 AM
I would want to mark this thread as unsolved so that if someone else also has the same problem and might have a solution to this. How can I do that? is it possible??

Elfy
September 26th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Just leave it alone and it will remain unsolved. As long as you're subscribed to it new replys will show up for you in your usercp.

technosysind
September 26th, 2011, 08:35 AM
alright, thanx :)

eklikeroomys
February 4th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Still no solution? :(

wildmanne39
February 5th, 2013, 02:53 AM
If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.