PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Google+

Softa
September 20th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I don't know if this belongs here. If not, I'm sorry, but I don't know where to post this.

About 1.5 to 2 weeks ago, a *friend* invited me to join Google+. within an hour or so I lost my google home page with a couple of things I need for school. One of which was an app that I paid for, and now I can't gain access to.

Can anyone out there tell me how to get my original home page back?

I DON'T LIKE Google+. I don't recommend it, it sux (sorry for the language, I'm just upset).

Thanks

An Sanct
September 20th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Did you accidentally press the "delete google account"?

PS. I used G+ until they stated, it will be helpfull to see what people post on live search, that's when I discovered hash like stuff in the search results like (actual result here)

[1,[null,1,["https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3ywR8HTDCJ4/TixGriQz4-E/AAAAAAAAAo4/A3f-YcLoUGw/s0-d/ProfilePhotos"]

And just went off it...

ankspo71
September 20th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Hi,
The web address to the "iGoogle" homepage is http://www.google.com/ig . Be sure that this is the homepage used in your browser homepage preferences too.

Also, after joining Google+, Google+ automatically adds a new "Google+" link to that google links menu at the top left of your Gmail page, Google homepage, and Google+ page, and so on. Be sure you using the appropriate link in that Google menu. You might need to click on "more" > even more > iGoogle (see attached image) to find iGoogle in the menu.

I haven't tried this before but to to remove Google+, click on your Google picture in the top right corner of the browser window, then click on Account Settings, then in the Account Overview category, click on "Delete profile and remove associated social features", and then finally "Delete Google+ content".

Hope this helps.

PS. I kind of like Google+ but I'm not that into social networking sites.

Softa
September 21st, 2011, 01:34 AM
Thank you both for your help. I don't know if it worked or not, but I did follow your advice. While I was on the *home page*, I noticed that it said something about adding apps etc. to the calendar tab.

I looked around and realized that I was indeed on the wrong tab. I hit the *real* home tab, and viola! I now have my Google home page back and in living color.

It's taken me three weeks to get an answer from the Google+ forum, and I'm still waiting. It's taken a little over 18 hours here on the Ubuntu forum.

Ubuntu people ROCK!!!

Thank you

Softa
September 22nd, 2011, 06:45 AM
Thanks for all your help. Problem solved! <3