PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Telefunken Netbook Installation

lotster
September 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Hi there

I have a friend who recently bought a Telefunken Netbook (Model TNB-700A3GE). It comes pre-installed with Android 1.6. But this friend of mine is completely clueless when it comes to computers, and now he finds that this netbook can't do what he wants it to do. Hence, my help was called in. So now I want to know, can anyone tell me if it's possible to install Ubuntu on the system? And if it is, how I can go about doing that? I can't find any obvious BIOS option when I switch it on, and the user guide is useless in that regard.

Any help will be appreciated!

ottosykora
September 19th, 2011, 09:17 PM
strange, I had look at all possible links in net, all say price and that it is kind of android computer, but it does not even tell what precossor it has.

Anyway, as runs with android and some 400mhz cpu speed and seems to live with some 2gb flash, I personally do not believe it is possible to install ubuntu on it as this is an operating system for pc architecture computers basically. After all, it is also not possible in a simple way to run ubuntu on an iphone.

But if we do not have any useful technical infos about this fancy computer, then it is difficult to say if it is possible or not.

lotster
September 20th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Thank you. I was afraid that might be the case. After playing around on it for a few hours (I'm typing this message on the "netbook" right now) My opinion is that it's a glorified smartphone with a bigger screen, but that can't receive calls. And in most cases, my BlackBerry can do more, faster, than this thing. So thank you, I'll tell my friend he bought something that's virtually useless!:lolflag:

ottosykora
September 21st, 2011, 07:16 AM
on the other hand, there are thousands of programs which can be obtained for it to make it do what one needs.