PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] installation process messed up

nearlymagicman
September 19th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Hey,

i just formated my Netbook (used to have Ubuntu 10.04) and am now trying to install Kubuntu 11.04 via usb-stick, but the installation process crashes constantly.
I get different errors at different stages. One of the most common is:
"ubi-partman failed exitcode 1", as soon as I try to coninue after it checked wether i have all nessasary conditions to install.
Google wasn't of any help, so I hope anybody here does have some experience with it.

thx

PS:
I DID check the checksum
I DID check the memory
I DID run the self-check of the installation medium

Hakunka-Matata
September 19th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Hi, Welcome

What does your hard drive partitioning look like?

nearlymagicman
September 19th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Well, formated!

In the rate occations i get to the partitioning menue I make a 30gb "/" a 215gb "/home" and a 5gb swap. But well, at the moment even the startup wont start correctly.
Is there any known bug in the current release, considering USB-Installation?

Hakunka-Matata
September 19th, 2011, 06:33 PM
no bug with kubuntu 11.04 afaik, I just installed it myself a few days ago,

were you able to run it in liveCD mode to use their partitioner to format the drive? "Well, formated!" is a wee-byte too succinct.

nearlymagicman
September 19th, 2011, 06:46 PM
i cannot log in! There is a login-interface and i have no clue how to log in! How do I override that and format my whole drive?
OK well, i am getting annoyed! The installer runned through but then crashed while configuring the timezone, and telling me to publish the bugreport whitch is empty!

Hakunka-Matata
September 19th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I just booted with the kubuntu 11.04 install usb, and I choose "Try kubuntu" instead of Install kubuntu. then I installed gparted, and looked at the drives,

what's the problem on your machine?, it will not do that?