PDA

View Full Version : When do you feel your eyes need rest?

debd
September 19th, 2011, 10:12 AM
When do you feel your eyes really need some rest @.@ (looking at the screen of course) and what do you do then?(..even if dont want to ;) )

jhonan
September 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I pop them out and put them into a beaker of nice cool water.

anaconda
September 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM
my eyes feel tired only rarely. Mostly when I haven't been sleeping enough.

The best way to relax them is to cover them with my hands for a short while..

gyyug78fg87ogguiioioioioi
September 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
if youhave problems sleep u can try "f.lux" its an app that changes your screens brightnes to the daylight outside where you are and you will sleep normal:) it works for me i go sleep everyday at around 23.00 and before i dident have the app i was sitting sometimes to 03.00 - 05.00 in the night :lolflag:

debd
September 19th, 2011, 01:46 PM
if youhave problems sleep u can try "f.lux" its an app that changes your screens brightnes to the daylight outside where you are and you will sleep normal:smile:
nice!
I do have a tendency to remain awake till late at night :)
but even when I have had enough sleep and am at the computer for say 5-8 hours continuously, it flames.. I just try to get away from the screen and maybe have a nap :)

NCLI
September 19th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Usually; never. It sometimes happens if I haven't slept for a few days though.

chegarty
September 19th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I just force myself to take a ten minute typing break every hour. I use that time to specifically not look at a screen.

Gremlinzzz
September 19th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Don't forget too BLINK:popcorn:

del_diablo
September 19th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I force myself to blink properly, and not over focus on the screen.
Other than that I don't need to do anything.

jhonan
September 19th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Remembering to blink seems to be a common issue on this thread.

I think I'll write a 'blink reminder' app.

littlemog
September 19th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Remembering to blink seems to be a common issue on this thread.

I think I'll write a 'blink reminder' app.

sounds like a good idea, maybe you can find those 'pomodoro' apps and make a blinkdoro out of it ;)

jaaniszv
September 19th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Occasionally when I have worked late In next morning I feel like I had shards of glass under my eyelids and eyeballs are reddish. I guess then some rest is good idea. :D I have a plant on a windowsill - an aloe vera. It removes all inflammations very quickly and keeps my eyes moist. When ever they get red I just crush a branch of aloe in fingers and drop douple of drops in every eye and after 5 mind redness have gone.

debd
September 19th, 2011, 07:14 PM
It removes all inflammations very quickly and keeps my eyes moist. When ever they get red I just crush a branch of aloe in fingers and drop douple of drops in every eye and after 5 mind redness have gone.
I want 1 :)

Barrucadu
September 19th, 2011, 07:58 PM
My eyes normally only feel tired if I haven't slept much, or have been staring at a screen for more than twelve hours or so.

szymon_g
September 19th, 2011, 07:59 PM
when they start bleeding

MasterNetra
September 19th, 2011, 08:01 PM
nice!
I do have a tendency to remain awake till late at night :)
but even when I have had enough sleep and am at the computer for say 5-8 hours continuously, it flames.. I just try to get away from the screen and maybe have a nap :)

Yea same here, it "flames" do to inflammation caused by not blinking enough. We have a tendency to blink less when staring at a screen. Also helps to take breaks and shift your focus to distant objects, e.g. trees or things outside that are a good distance away. The body does have a use it or lose policy after all.

ninjaaron
September 20th, 2011, 12:56 AM
I pop them out and put them into a beaker of nice cool water.

I actually laughed out loud when I read this. Just my kind of humor.:)

Copper Bezel
September 20th, 2011, 01:52 AM
I forced myself to become addicted to nicotine and thus take a seven to ten minute smoke break every one to two hours. = )

For my health, you understand.

uncontrolable™
September 20th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Only when I have been looking at Facebook for more than ten minutes. Not sure what it it about all of that blue, but my eyes don't like it. When that happens, I go to another site or get up and do something else, like stand in a dark closet and stay there until the bight spots disappear.

debd
September 20th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I forced myself to become addicted to nicotine and thus take a seven to ten minute smoke break every one to two hours. = )

For my health, you understand.

aaah... healthy habits =D>