PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome and Flash... A Match made in H&ll

Ric_NYC
September 18th, 2011, 07:24 PM
If you use both, what's your opinion about them together?

I have hard time trying to use them in different computers. They freeze the computer or make everything slow.

sffvba[e0rt
September 18th, 2011, 07:47 PM
AFAIK Chrome does not use Flash so irrespective if it is installed or not any Flash content will be displayed using the Chrome browser...

I have also used Chrome while having Flash installed without any issues... so I don't think there is a generic issue here.

Copper Bezel
September 18th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Chrome does use Flash, but if you're running 32 bit, it comes bundled with its own plugin rather than using the one you have installed system-wide. Generally, I've found Google's tweaked Flash plugin to work better than the one available directly from Adobe. I certainly don't experience any freezing or unusual resource usage.

haqking
September 18th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Chrome and Firefox used, Flash-Aid and using the x64 11 r1 flash and all working tickety boo everywhere ;-)

Legendary_Bibo
September 18th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I use Chrome on both Windows and Linux with Flash, and don't have any problems.

SavageWolf
September 19th, 2011, 12:46 AM
I develop for flash. Just so you know, their development system is Windows Oriented...

As for browser stuff, it works fine...

IWantFroyo
September 19th, 2011, 12:55 AM
I've used Chrome before, and it doesn't seem to be the Flash.

With Chrome, I was getting problems quite randomly. Sometimes Flash would lag, sometimes web pages would lag, sometimes these forums would lag...

drawkcab
September 20th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Chrome + Flash works on my netbook which is a 32 bit install. I'm not so sure about the 64 bit installs as I tend to use firefox and have upgraded to flash's x64 beta.