PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help install driver for 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device

mrdragon333
September 18th, 2011, 01:17 PM
How to install "Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE " drivers?

I am new Linux user right now i am using Ubuntu 11.04,
I have searched many forums but did not found any solution

Can anybody please help me install the correct graphics driver ??
please tell me how to install driver in Ubuntu

can anyone please guide me how to compile drivers from this site???

http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html

git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/keithp/linux-2.6

*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2
bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
version: 03
width: 32 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
resources: irq:16 memory:d0000000-d7ffffff memory:de000000-de07ffff
Additional info:
the xconf file is empty ,
the monitor is not detected : unknown monitor

I have tried this solution

gksudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.confThis creates an empty file; paste the following into the file and save:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
Driver "intel"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Monitor "Configured Monitor"
Device "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Now my ubuntu os freezes or hangs after 4-5 minutes

help me solve this problem once and for all

revnobody
September 19th, 2011, 03:11 AM
I am having the same issue. Could someone please assist me. When I try to save the file I am getting this:

(gedit:2650): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

(gedit:2650): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.9VSS1V': No such file or directory

(gedit:2650): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

(gedit:2650): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.X7CV1V': No such file or directory

Krytarik
September 19th, 2011, 03:24 AM
revnobody, just create the stated directory:

sudo mkdir -p /root/.local/shareHope this helps to solve your issue, too.

revnobody
September 19th, 2011, 03:44 AM
That did it! Thank you very much, Krytarik (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1187548)

mrdragon333
September 19th, 2011, 11:22 AM
i still have this problem‼
can anyone please guide me

JSchultheis
September 19th, 2011, 02:22 PM
How to install "Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE " drivers?
I have tried this solution

gksudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.confThis creates an empty file;

I am working on the same problem :confused:

I know that this code is trying to create a new file, but many of the threads I read instruct that the Xorg.conf is a 'configurable' file, and that it should already be in the X11 folder. (I'm just hoping to adjust the screen size)

I am running Ubuntu 11.04

When I navigate to Places>Computer>File System>etc/X11, xorg.conf is not there.
Same if I go to terminal
cd /etc/X11
dir--> xorg.conf is not found.](*,)

**However, there is a shortcut file "X", which is a 'link to executable(application/x-executable). The link target: /usr/bin/Xorg

So running the 'gedit' command for a file that is in another folder seems that it will never work, so I tried:
sudo gedit /usr/bin/xorg.conf still opening a blank new file.

Anybody want to be the hero today?!?!? :D

Krytarik
September 20th, 2011, 04:54 AM
but many of the threads I read instruct that the Xorg.conf is a 'configurable' file, and that it should already be in the X11 folder. (I'm just hoping to adjust the screen size)
Since Ubuntu 10.04, there is no mandatory, fully configured 'xorg.conf' by default anymore, see here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config

Now, for any settings that aren't specified in an - optional - 'xorg.conf' X is pulling the defaults. So, if you just want to specify the screen resolution, you just need to add those specific settings.

Hope it helps!

djturbojp7
March 10th, 2012, 03:09 AM
I have a problem with the same 82845g setup and ubuntu 11.10 wondering if there any updates?

poco377
March 15th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Could someone please give me step by step instructions please? I am kind of new to all this Ubuntu stuff. :(

mrdragon333
February 4th, 2013, 06:44 PM
anyone found any workaround!? its 2013 . Should consider my old PC dead?! with no window 7 or ubuntu support

wildmanne39
February 5th, 2013, 02:20 AM
If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.