PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Datacard based on EVDO not invoking prompt for choice of compatible drivers!?

Saurabhdua
September 18th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Hello There!

Using Ubuntu 10.10 on a separate partition.Though, my Internet Datacard based on EVDO technology is able to pick the N/w.; but the hardware itself didn't invoke the search of compatible drivers unlike what happened during trial of Ubuntu 10.10 on a Mac machine!?

As a consequence, Iam not getting a separate drive listed for it & secondly, Iam not able to "disconnect" it at will by using the N/w. icon on panel.

I have tried the "Additional Drivers" option within admin by popping in the CD & even without it; checked for the updates while datacard remained connected but nothing came out of it!?

I wonder...how come a mere "trial" using the same CD on a MAC machine, was immediately able to pick up the changes in hardware & popped a listing of 2 suitable drivers with one coming as "Recommended" listed besides it! I installed that & system beacon ed a "Restart" prompt.

Why are the things going "Awry" with a well-established, installed & an updated version of Ubuntu 10.10?

Help/Guidance will be sincerely appreciated.

Saurabhdua
September 21st, 2011, 05:04 PM
Do I need to keep the 'Bluetooth Manager' enabled at the Start-up, to get that pop window of suitable drivers?

I have disabled a host of services at the Startup to keep my machine lean & mean!?

See...if this has anything to do with it?