PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Mouse, keyboard isn't working

sakibmoon
September 17th, 2011, 08:39 PM
So, I just installed ubuntu 10.10. And update was in order. After downloading, setup started. Electricity hampered and PC was off. Now when I boot, my mouse and keyboard isn't working. It works fine on boot menu, but after those two aren't responding. How to solve this problem? I need quick help. I have to send an important file to my friend immediately.

Hakunka-Matata
September 17th, 2011, 08:59 PM
can you boot into your LiveCD/USB installation disc/usb/..........?

sakibmoon
September 17th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Yes, I can boot from Live Usb.

sakibmoon
September 17th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I have found a very good online resource and solved the problem.
check here for repair error or recover ubuntu from live cd: http://zeeis.me/ubuntu-error-gave-up-waiting-for-root-device/

I think this solves problem when the problem is with update or upgrade.

I didn't run upgrade as I didn't want to upgrade. Typed apt-get update, but didn't typed the later and then rebooted and keyboard and mouse is working again.

Hakunka-Matata
September 18th, 2011, 12:24 AM
I have found a very good online resource and solved the problem.
check here for repair error or recover ubuntu from live cd: http://zeeis.me/ubuntu-error-gave-up-waiting-for-root-device/

I think this solves problem when the problem is with update or upgrade.

I didn't run upgrade as I didn't want to upgrade. Typed apt-get update, but didn't typed the later and then rebooted and keyboard and mouse is working again.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Those two commands update existing installed software, they do not upgrade the operating system to a new release. I know, it's confusing, it says "upgrade"...........................

sakibmoon
September 18th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the information. I didn't know that upgrade command update the existing software. I was worried that I might upgrade to Ubuntu 11.04 which I don't want to.

Anyway, my problem was solved even without giving

apt-get upgrade

command. When I rebooted, I installed updates manually. This command would install the updates from live cd.