PDA

View Full Version : Google Sketchup, Wine, 3D Warehouse

craig_parker
September 17th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Anyone ever get this working? Is there a tutorial somewhere? I'm currently running:
Lucid
wine-1.3.26
(via the commands:
add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
apt-get update
apt-get install wine1.3
)
Sketchup 8

When I click on the 3D Warehouse button, my default browser goes to the main warehouse page, and a blank 3D Warehouse window also opens up.
I hear that getting this blank window to actually function takes "days of tweaking" but cannot for the life of me figure out what the tweaking consists of.
Google isn't helpful so far; I've not found anything to get me over the hump yet.

craig_parker
September 19th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Is this in the wrong forum?

scania_gti
October 6th, 2011, 12:07 PM
3D warehouse show only blank page :)
Firefox say "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (skp) isn't associated with any program."
An chromium not work too... :D Google sketchup not work with google chromium :)
When in Sketchup open 3D warehouse - it open warehouse sign page in firefox, but i can't sign!

jjk75
April 8th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Since this thread was the first on my search list, I figured I will add this after I found a work-around. I had to install IE6 into Wine, namely by typing
winetricks ie6

Worked when using Sketchup 8 and Wine 1.4.

Dlambert
April 8th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I will try later!

JKSully
April 22nd, 2012, 05:16 AM
Im not new to linux but how do i run winetricks ie6?

Abe41
December 13th, 2012, 10:59 PM
64 Bit Ubuntu Sketchup launches Firefox successfully at the point you grab the satellite image Firefox gives an error "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (skp) isn't associated with any program." so between grabbing the PNG file and importing into sketchup through wine has anyone got this figured out and how to do it through command line yet? I am still unable to install 64 bit sketchup with IE 6 which is not supported in 64bit platforms anyone got a fix for this yet?

jparnell883
December 26th, 2012, 02:21 AM
or, simply go to the model you want in your favorite web browser (I'm using Chrome and this is the only one I can confirm this works for), right click the image it shows and click "Open Link in New Tab" and a new tab will open and it will download the SKP of the model. Then, in SketchUp, File->Import and search for your downloaded SKP.

Hope this helps :D

shimniok
March 13th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Click the link, then after it fails, remove skp:getSkp@ from the address bar, press return, and it downloads a-ok.

or, simply go to the model you want in your favorite web browser (I'm using Chrome and this is the only one I can confirm this works for), right click the image it shows and click "Open Link in New Tab" and a new tab will open and it will download the SKP of the model. Then, in SketchUp, File->Import and search for your downloaded SKP.

Hope this helps :D

dasankir
March 13th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Click the link, then after it fails, remove skp:getSkp@ from the address bar, press return, and it downloads a-ok.

Thanks! At last could download a model :b

majedaly
July 2nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
I used playonlinux to install google sketchup. It was easy and straight forward.
First Install play on linux
sudo apt-get install playonlinux. It will install wine, the prerequisites
Then from play on linux choose to install google sketchup, and follow the screen.
Works great on Ubuntu 13.04 Have been using for some time, didn't notice any glitch.