PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] automatic listview

cheatos
September 17th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Hi,

I've recently installed ubuntu and I really like the GUI, the only thing that is annoying me is the fact I cannot find any button to change the system default of showing the home folder, if opened through the starter in listview instead of symbolview.

I'm pretty sure there has to be a pretty easy solution to this problem, but I couldn't find any help by unsing the search, so I'm asking...

Thanks a lot for any help

P05TMAN
September 17th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Hi,

I've recently installed ubuntu and I really like the GUI, the only thing that is annoying me is the fact I cannot find any button to change the system default of showing the home folder, if opened through the starter in listview instead of symbolview.

I'm pretty sure there has to be a pretty easy solution to this problem, but I couldn't find any help by unsing the search, so I'm asking...

Thanks a lot for any help

"You can control the default view for new folders, how files and folders are sorted by default, the zoom level for the icon and compact views, and whether files are displayed in the tree sidebar. In any file manager window, click Edit ▸ Preferences and select the Views tab."

--https://help.ubuntu.com/11.04/ubuntu-help/nautilus-views.html

cheatos
September 18th, 2011, 07:00 PM
thanks a lot, I'll mark thisas solved