PDA

View Full Version : Research on governmental politics to spread Open source

nour_al_imen
September 17th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Hi,

I'm conducting a study on governmental politics to spread Open source software.

I need details on governmental experiences.

If you can help me with docs and statistics relaying this subject in relation with any country, I would be very thankful.

Thanks

christoph411
September 17th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Closed due to politics in 3..2..1...

:Edit: Sorry for my cockiness! I thought that everything that related to any government/politics was off limits... But I stand corrected! :p

oldos2er
September 17th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Politics directly relating to open source are allowed, but I think this is the wrong forum for the OP.

nour_al_imen
September 17th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Where is the appropriate one ?

thanks

archolman
September 17th, 2011, 01:28 AM
I think you mean "policies".
The best policy for spreading Linux adoption by governments, is when an exchequer cuts ministry budgets. IT costs will become more sensitive, & the cost advantage of using FOSS will, hopefully, become apparent.

But, we're talking about governments, & they do get stuck in a pattern of doing things, because that's how they've done them since they started doing them! :rolleyes:

nour_al_imen
September 17th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Thank you !

I'm looking for docs to write a whole study.

So if someone can help me with links,e-books, pdfs, articles, ...It would be very kind !

oldos2er
September 17th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Where is the appropriate one ?

thanks

Forum? I've no idea. I avoid political forums like the plague. Since you're conducting research, maybe finding some forums would be a good starting point. :)

nour_al_imen
September 17th, 2011, 01:47 AM
I think it can be the appropriate one since we can talk in the café about what ever we want.

It is related to Open Source and we are a part of this one.

I feel home in Ubuntu community and I hope I'll find help here.

Thanks for your tips.

Any help would be welcome even links to forums.

oldos2er
September 17th, 2011, 01:56 AM
I think it can be the appropriate one since we can talk in the café about what ever we want.

We can't talk about whatever we want though. "Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed, except for politics directly related to free and open source issues. Any topic or discussion that causes problems or drama will be closed."

nour_al_imen
September 17th, 2011, 02:07 AM
I agree with you

But, I meant that every thing related to Open source is appropriate here.

Isn't it ?

oldos2er
September 17th, 2011, 02:13 AM
The guidelines as to what is/isn't allowed is posted at the top of every thread. Good luck with your research elsewhere.