PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here on Second Life?

ki4jgt
September 16th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I've created this thread for some popular interests in Second Life. Don't know if anyone on Ubuntuforums is into it or not, so here's the thread. I wanted to start it to discuss popular destinations, hobbies, trends, fashion, you know, the works.

ki4jgt
September 16th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Here are some photos from my recent visit to the 9/11 memorial site for example. I also have a few from Buddha Center and the Eiffel Tower.

MasterNetra
September 16th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Yea I go on Secondlife, not much though.

wolfen69
September 17th, 2011, 12:31 AM
I have enough trouble with my First Life, I don't need a Second Life.

Legendary_Bibo
September 17th, 2011, 12:37 AM
How boring is your first life to go on this thing? All you do is walk around and talk to digital equivalent of people in fursuits with abnormally large genitalia.

_d_
September 17th, 2011, 12:38 AM
How boring is your first life to go on this thing? All you do is walk around and talk to digital equivalent of people in fursuits with abnormally large genitalia.

Kinda reminds you of real life, only digital, don't it?

Legendary_Bibo
September 17th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Kinda reminds you of real life, only digital, don't it?

You should really really really reread what you just said, and think about certain things that could be implied from that.

MonolithImmortal
September 17th, 2011, 01:23 AM
You should really really really reread what you just said, and think about certain things that could be implied from that.

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/9/9e/HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

_d_
September 17th, 2011, 02:12 AM

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what I said.

Legendary_Bibo
September 17th, 2011, 02:15 AM

Think about it (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11258302&postcount=6)

_d_
September 17th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Think about it (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11258302&postcount=6)

Shall I repeat?

Legendary_Bibo
September 17th, 2011, 02:44 AM
Shall I repeat?

people in fursuits with abnormally large genitalia.

Kinda reminds you of real life

Now do you get it?

_d_
September 17th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Now do you get it?

lol

Just...lol....disregard that silly post I made. xD

kaldor
September 17th, 2011, 02:48 AM

If people enjoy it, then power to them.

ki4jgt
September 17th, 2011, 04:47 AM
If people enjoy it, then power to them.

+1

I enjoy it because of the scenery, not for the drones that stand on every corner greeting you b/c the landowner isn't there at the moment. I've visited three chapels, 1 nature retreat, 1 Buddhist temple, 1 German speaking island, 1 Esperanto speaking island, the 911 memorial, and the Eiffel Tower in 2 hours. Then I stopped by an old English castle and played a game of vampires and raced bumper cars around a track with some other crazy people. Forget the mindless drones. I like the view.

Lightstar
September 17th, 2011, 04:57 AM
I enjoy it.
I'm not going to go clubbing on a monday night, might as well socialize another way. Some of you guys spend their evenings on these forums, no? Second Life, same thing, networking, only with added graphics.

MonolithImmortal
September 17th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Second Life, same thing, networking, only with added graphics.

And furries.

Lightstar
September 17th, 2011, 05:42 AM
And furries.

Yes.. and furries ;P

Though I haven't seen one in months. They tend to hang out in different places than I do.

ki4jgt
September 17th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Yes.. and furries ;P

Though I haven't seen one in months. They tend to hang out in different places than I do.

I've never seen a furry :-(

Khakilang
September 17th, 2011, 06:23 AM
First life? Second life? Get a life? Enjoy life? Just never put off things before it is too late.

ki4jgt
September 17th, 2011, 06:43 AM
First life? Second life? Get a life? Enjoy life? Just never put off things before it is too late.

+++

Lucradia
September 17th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I'm more interested in knowing about who still uses active worlds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Worlds

Which came out in 1997 (Public; 1995 for Beta.) Where Second Life came in 2003.

ki4jgt
September 17th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I'm more interested in knowing about who still uses active worlds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Worlds

Which came out in 1997 (Public; 1995 for Beta.) Where Second Life came in 2003.

I read about that the other day. I wanted to try it, but they had NO linux support :-( That's why I'm stuck and enjoy second life.

Lucradia
September 17th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I read about that the other day. I wanted to try it, but they had NO linux support :-( That's why I'm stuck and enjoy second life.

Not sure why you can't, Wikipedia says as such:

Platform(s) Client: Windows; World server/SDK: Windows, Linux

There's even an SDK for Linux. There's a World server for Linux, but no browser / plugin for linux on the newest versions.

ninjaaron
September 17th, 2011, 05:13 PM
You're turning into 'that guy.'

linuxyogi
September 17th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Second Life is a terribly buggy game. I have tried multiple viewers but it crashes every now & then. I actually noticed that regular users of that game has kind of accepted the fact that its buggy.

Its a good thing that I got fed up & left SL coz its not a good thing to get addicted to any game & specially when its this buggy.

I think people at Linden Lab is going through some kind of crisis or they simply don't bother anymore.:-k

Lucradia
September 17th, 2011, 06:36 PM
I think people at Linden Lab is going through some kind of crisis or they simply don't bother anymore.:-k

They also won't verify your account for adult sections using State IDs even though it says you can. Had to get the BBB to remove the picture of my state ID from Linden Labs. Took three weeks.

IWantFroyo
September 17th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I haven't played anything of the type since RuneScape. I don't really play games like that anymore. I prefer puzzle games. They keep you interested, and you don't have modders running around beating people with carrots.

Legendary_Bibo
September 17th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Second Life is a terribly buggy game. I have tried multiple viewers but it crashes every now & then. I actually noticed that regular users of that game has kind of accepted the fact that its buggy.

Its a good thing that I got fed up & left SL coz its not a good thing to get addicted to any game & specially when its this buggy.

What motivation is there to fix bugs in something that generates a lot of revenue no matter what?

ki4jgt
September 17th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Not sure why you can't, Wikipedia says as such:

Platform(s) Client: Windows; World server/SDK: Windows, Linux

There's even an SDK for Linux. There's a World server for Linux, but no browser / plugin for linux on the newest versions.

Nice. . . :-)

Rasa1111
September 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM

lol. *nods*

ki4jgt
September 18th, 2011, 05:33 AM

What guy?