PDA

View Full Version : eldest ubuntu user

SwlR
September 15th, 2011, 10:46 PM
My mother-in-law was almost giving up using the pc due to windows vista being a pain like all windows versions.
We installed Ubuntu and explained a few basic changes from what she had learned to do and not in windows.Now she is a happy user for the first time...and guess what ..she is 88 years old.I wonder if she is the eldest Linux (Ubuntu ) user in the world...DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANY OTHER USER OLDER THAN HER?:popcorn:

Spice Weasel
September 15th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Maybe.

MG&TL
September 15th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I'm close, but not quite, I have an 82-year old teacher (who is fearsome, btw) who is IT-literate and has used Wubi at some point.

When I say IT-literate....doesn't mean to say she does this without help. :)

Old_Grey_Wolf
September 16th, 2011, 03:11 AM
It really doesn't matter; however, I did set up a computer for my aunt that runs Ubuntu. It was the first computer she ever had. She didn't know what computers actually do. All she knew was her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren used email. She wanted email to keep in touch with them; because, she felt left out.

I checked my genealogy database and found that my aunt was born in May 1919; therefore, 92 years old. Considering she is my father's sister, her being 29 years older than me seems correct.

Would I call her an Ubuntu user? I'm not sure about that. I might call her an email user :)