PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nvidia Dual Head problems on 11.04, and 10.10

theginge99
September 15th, 2011, 10:33 AM
So I was running 10.10 with my dual head nvidia graphics card and everything worked without a hitch, then for work reasons I had to start using MS Windows, fast forward 6 months and I decided to install Ubuntu again, upgraded to 11.04 which works just fine until I install the nvidia drivers.

Once installed everything still works, until i enable the second screen, there after, when I boot into the GUI I get no tool bar, just the wall paper, I right clicked the mouse to see if I would get any options, I got what you would expect, except that the options flashed on the screen. I hit control Alt Delete and the option to shutdown, restart etc came up but this also flashes on and off, just appearing for half a second at a time, if I am quick I can click on shut down and try again, but each reboot brings the same screen.

I rolled back to 10.10 thinking it would sovle the problem but exactly the same thing happens, despite the fact it used to work flawlessly only 6 months ago.

I have tried installing the drivers from synaptic instead, I have tried deleting all the nvidia drivers in safe mode (safe mode seems to work just fine) but this stopped the screens from working at all.

I have heard there are problems with Nvidia dual head drivers, but can find no thread with my problem, please help!

theginge99
September 19th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Still having the same problem, tried the whole process again only to end up with the same problem (strangely enough).

Please if anyone can help me it would be much apreciated.