PDA

View Full Version : Are you truly happy?

wolfen69
September 15th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Am I the only one that hates my situation? I mean true hate?

But I do believe "know how" has something to do with it.

Sorry for rambling.

fdrake
September 15th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Are you truly happy?
I think true happiness comes with true pain and the strength to endure it.
Everything else it's just lame, monotonic and meaningless, not worth living.

Back to the question. No I am not truly happy yet but I know it can be worst. Cannot stop running ...

ki4jgt
September 15th, 2011, 06:59 AM

Back to the question. No I am not truly happy yet but I know it can be worst. Cannot stop running ...

+1. Been happy before, but don't know what true happiness is anymore.

wolfen69
September 15th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Wow. But I expected responses like this.

wolfen69
September 15th, 2011, 07:11 AM
+1. Been happy before, but don't know what true happiness is anymore.

That's the way I feel too. I have to manufacture my happiness. Been that way for a while.

NightwishFan
September 15th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Not really, but I am fine with the way things are.

fdrake
September 15th, 2011, 07:16 AM
That's the way I feel too. I have to manufacture my happiness. Been that way for a while.

it's a sign that you need a change in your life style , maybe...?

wolfen69
September 15th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Not really, but I am fine with the way things are.

Yeah, you're OK, a little nuts, but cool. ;)

wolfen69
September 15th, 2011, 07:25 AM
it's a sign that you need a change in your life style , maybe...?

Well, I'm making good money at this moment, so.......

fdrake
September 15th, 2011, 07:26 AM

so ... it's time that you stay where you are! :p:D

wolfen69
September 15th, 2011, 07:29 AM
@fdrake: Don't judge me, as I havn't judged you. Sheesh.

wolfen69
September 15th, 2011, 07:30 AM
so ... it's time that you stay where you are! :p:D

Exactly.

wolfen69
September 15th, 2011, 07:32 AM
I still want to hear from people what makes them truly happy...

fdrake
September 15th, 2011, 07:35 AM
taking a coffee with a dear friend makes me happy...
taking to the park my 4 years old nephew.. The problem is that he doesn't want to leave after!

NightwishFan
September 15th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Yeah, you're OK, a little nuts, but cool. ;)

A good way to put it. :p

NightwishFan
September 15th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Well, I suppose I am closest to what I would define as happy when I am listening to music. Especially Tchaikovsky and Joe Hisaishi.

From Crimson Tide:

He is just sitting there with his headset on happy as a clam.

BlacqWolf
September 15th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I've never really been that happy. I find it hard to laugh now, and I'm almost never 'truly happy.' The last time I've been truly happy was several months ago, when I was stressed out and angry, and I started listening to music. It made me feel happy for the first time in a long while.

ki4jgt
September 15th, 2011, 09:58 AM

Money isn't happiness. It's just little green pieces of paper. My dad made the same mistake for I don't know how many years and after seeing him do it, I think that's part my problem too :-( happiness is something money can't buy. Literally. Try helping out in a homeless shelter. Watch the bums as even though they're struggling, they won't take anything for FREE. Even though they do take their food for free, they feel like they owe the world. Even the ones who don't feel they owe anyone anything will be gracious for you. Or visit an orphanage. IMO, true happiness isn't in what you can achieve for yourself. It's in realizing how others feel, when you achieve things for them that they themselves can not, while at the same time expecting them to want better for themselves, (in some cases gently pushing them until they do achieve better). This feeling, is one of the greatest in the world. You'll have a bunch of people VERY pissed off at you b/c you have a smile on your face when they don't, but the reason this works is, when you focus so much on what you do have, it begins to lose value. However, when you focus on what others do not have, that you do, your stuff begins to gain value again.

Then of course, there's the ever popular (which happened to me) I just don't care anymore because even though I saw all this, everyone hated me for it, or even though I was kind, everyone took me for granted. That ones a doosy to get out of by the way. The best medicine for it is a nice BIG tub of icing, a nice warm blanket and a big fire :-). (or treating yourself to something VERY special) then returning to doing the whole orphanage/food kitchen thing every weekend.

haqking
September 15th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I have earned 6 figures, and earned even 4 figures and had everything i want material wise and wanted stuff material wise, none of that ever made me happy.

I have gone for everything i ever wanted to do and got there, i have travelled, met amazing people everywhere around the world.

I achieved what i thought were my dreams, only to find out they were just that, a dream...when reality sets in it is often so different.

I have been at the lowest point you can come to, and crawled back out.

Am i truly happy....no not at all. But my daughter seems to be and so i try to view the world now vicariously through her eyes instead and it helps bring me back to earth and i start to see the simplistic beauty all around us.

Am i truly happy ? NO, but my daughter makes me HAPPY !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGiI-MuTWf0&NR=1

This is hauntingly beauitul tune from Thomas Newman from a scene in a great movie, that could be seen as depressing, but actually it is very uplifting for me ! And great words.

take what good you can from the world and hold it close and tight, memories allow us to take an instant in time and alter our lives by holding it still ;-)

peace dude

Eldera
September 15th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Yes, I am truly happy.

Because I respect the COC regarding religious discussions, I can not tell you any details.

I just wanted you all to know that happiness is possible.

fatality_uk
September 15th, 2011, 12:01 PM
just stop and reflect for a minute. I mean a real minute. Check your watch and time it. There's only 1440 of those minutes in a day, on average 480 spent sleeping.

If you live to 66, you will only have 34,689,600 minutes in your life! Life goes by very quickly, try and make the most of each second.

spynappels
September 15th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Yes

Gremlinzzz
September 15th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Am I the only one that hates my situation? I mean true hate?

But I do believe "know how" has something to do with it.

Sorry for rambling.

Happiness has different meanings for every person. Before you can learn how to be happy, you first need to define what happiness means to you and then you can seek it out.

user1397
September 15th, 2011, 02:08 PM
i think its dumb to even think that true happiness exists in the idealized sense of the word.

you said you make good money, so at least you don't have any stressors from that front, but of course money isn't everything and other things can stress you out/make you sad.

i'm no guru in any way, but what others have said here are good points. comparing how good you have it to one who has less than you can give you a sense of humility and appreciation for what you have. also, helping out those in need, like at homeless shelters and the like, can reward not only the people you are helping, but also yourself.

no one can change the world, but you can do small acts of kindness all the time, which often inspire other people to do the same. like Gandhi said "be the change you want to see in the world".

remember, the world is mostly beautiful, and most people have good hearts. i know bad things happen to good people just as good things happen to bad people all the time, but in the end good prevails.

have a good day! :)

whatthefunk
September 15th, 2011, 02:21 PM
remember, the world is mostly beautiful, and most people have good hearts. i know bad things happen to good people just as good things happen to bad people all the time, but in the end good prevails.

Does it? When is the end?

I believe in balance. In the world there is good and evil. In each of us there is the potential for good and evil. Also in each of us is our culturally determined concept of good and evil.

In a similar fashion, in the world there is suffering and happiness. In each of us is the potential to suffer and the potential to be happy. In us is also our culturally determined ideas about happiness and suffering. Most, if not all suffering, stems from a desire for something. So what is it that you want? Is what you want obtainable? More importantly, is what you want permanent?

BeRoot ReBoot
September 15th, 2011, 02:28 PM

No, pain is the complete opposite of happiness. If you truly believe you need to suffer to be happy, there is something very wrong with you.

wolfen69
September 15th, 2011, 03:07 PM
you said you make good money, so at least you don't have any stressors from that front, but of course money isn't everything and other things can stress you out/make you sad.

You are right. Money isn't the issue, but I very much dislike where I live, who I live with, etc.

But anyway, I started this thread to find out other people's opinions and feelings. Mine don't matter.

wolfen69
September 15th, 2011, 03:12 PM
If you live to 66, you will only have 34,689,600 minutes in your life! Life goes by very quickly, try and make the most of each second.

Then why do people spend so much time complaining about operating systems? ):P If we have so little time, you would think we have better things to do with that time.

haqking
September 15th, 2011, 03:13 PM
You are right. Money isn't the issue, but I very much dislike where I live, who I live with, etc.

But anyway, I started this thread to find out other people's opinions and feelings. Mine don't matter.

most of our lives and how we feel comes from where we are and who is around us for sure. But happiness is not a location or social network, it comes from what we can take out of a day !.

I have had best friends over the years who i hardly nod at in the street nowadays, and lived in the most mazing places which when i look back at now think why on earth did i stay so long.

The things you dont like right now can often just come down to choice, the hardest thing about choice is that results do no often show until many choices thereafter....no rollback or fresh install for life....only the new interface to deal with.

Change is the only constant, adapt and overcome, do not go meekly through life only to arrive at death safely, choose to skid into it on a harley with windswept hair shouting whoo what a ride ! ;-)

wolfen69
September 15th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Change is the only constant, adapt and overcome

I agree, but tell that to the people who don't like unity. ;)

Jay Car
September 15th, 2011, 04:28 PM

After several decades of life, the definition of true happiness becomes much clearer and simpler.

Happiness is being alive. It's waking up in the morning...having the privilege of one more day.

Happiness is the ability to feel a whole range of emotions, from joy to sorrow and everything in between...if you can feel it, you know you're alive.

Nothing in this life will ever "make" you happy, it doesn't come from external things. Don't waste your precious time looking or waiting for happiness to show up. Happiness is you being alive...it's right there in your ability to DO things everyday, even small things matter.

Just live your life, and remember to smile when you wake up in the mornings. It means you're still alive...if you can be happy about that, then you can deal with all the daily (boring, frustrating, stressful) crap in a better frame of mind.

------------(an afterthought)-----------

Since your question about happiness seemed like a serious quest for answers, it made me think back on the times in my life when I felt most happy. Oddly enough, aside from the births of my children (now all grown with kids of their own), the happiest and strongest I've ever felt were after surviving a crisis, or after succeeding in doing things that everyone around me thought were impossible. The truth is, even I thought they were impossible at the time, but I didn't let that didn't stop me.

Maybe the happiness inside us tends to feel strongest when we are problem-solving...even when the problems seem impossible to solve. Happiness is facing the fear of failure and making the attempt anyway.

:)

ki4jgt
September 15th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Does it? When is the end?

I believe in balance. In the world there is good and evil. In each of us there is the potential for good and evil. Also in each of us is our culturally determined concept of good and evil.

In a similar fashion, in the world there is suffering and happiness. In each of us is the potential to suffer and the potential to be happy. In us is also our culturally determined ideas about happiness and suffering. Most, if not all suffering, stems from a desire for something. So what is it that you want? Is what you want obtainable? More importantly, is what you want permanent?

What about children who have dreams? When they're in pain from sickness or broken bones, what desire causes that suffering?

whatthefunk
September 15th, 2011, 11:49 PM
What about children who have dreams? When they're in pain from sickness or broken bones, what desire causes that suffering?

Physical pain is obviously a different matter. Im talking about suffering that we feel aside from physical suffering.

Not quite sure what you mean about the dreams....

sisco311
September 16th, 2011, 12:07 AM

Check out the link in my signature, the "blue" one.

EDIT: Full quote: "The struggle itself...is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy."

Old_Grey_Wolf
September 16th, 2011, 12:45 AM
This is just my opinion of course. I am not a psychologist, religious mentor, or anything that someone would expect to be knowledgeable on the subject.

If you base happiness on how other people value you; such as, salary, titles, or positions in organizations, you will not be happy.

If you base happiness on possessions you have that other people desire or admire; such as, cars, computers, tech gadgets, and furniture, you will not be happy.

When you let other people define you, you will have problems being happy.

Define what you want to do and what is important to you. Ignore what other people expect, admire, or value. For one example, helping other people accomplish their goals could be one of those things that you find value in doing. They will probably not realize that you helped them nor give you any recognition for doing so.

If you focus on what you value and aspire to do; then, you could be happy.

If you set your standard so high that you can't meet your own expectations, then, you probably won't be very happy. For one example, I wanted to be a good father; however, I knew I was not good at sports, so I never made teaching my children sports a criteria for being a successful parent.

23dornot23d
September 16th, 2011, 01:55 AM
I think my happiness has changed with age ....

upto 10 ...... presents .... material things ....

upto 16 ...... success ..... getting grades better than you expected at school

upto 21 ...... having nice relationships .....

upto 30 ...... fast cars and bikes and the excitement that goes with them

upto 40 ...... work and success and achieving goals set by others

after 40 ...... looking for other pleasures - traveling - admiring other peoples work

after 50 ..... being happy all the things you did in earlier life did not hurt others.

53 ............. happy in helping others get some of the happiness that they want - puts a smile on my face too ......

after 60 .......... will be just happy to get beyond there with good health .... :)

good question ...... are you truly happy :confused: ,,,, nearly always ,,,, :(

Old_Grey_Wolf
September 16th, 2011, 02:07 AM
I think my happiness has changed with age ....

upto 10 ...

upto 16 ...

upto ...

+1

We must be close to the same age. Your experience is similar to mine.

NCLI
September 16th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Well, I have good friends I hang with every week, I currently live in a very interesting country, the government in my home country has just changed for the better, I am able to watch as much anime as I want, I study a subject I find really interesting, and I'm currently headed to TGS.

So yeah, I'm pretty happy :)

MasterNetra
September 16th, 2011, 02:48 AM
If there is one thing I've learned is that you can only be happy if you CHOOSE to be. As the only thing that can make you happy is yourself. I myself have no money, no companion, no children but still I am happy because I choose to be.

fdrake
September 16th, 2011, 02:59 AM
http://www.itsbettertogether.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/090924-Are_You_Happy_large.jpg
the question should be : do you know what makes you happy?

IWantFroyo
September 16th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Happiness comes and goes. I feel happy until I remember the bad things that are left, but I try to temporarily forget them. I try to focus on the positive things, such as watching a baby take its first steps, little kittens trying to play with something...

True happiness doesn't exist on Earth, or at least not for very long periods of time. But a very pure form of happiness can be found from learning how to focus on the positives.

IWantFroyo
September 16th, 2011, 03:12 AM

When I was 10 years old, I fell approximately 25-30 feet out of a tree and shattered my forearms. When I was at the hospital, they drugged me, and I fell into a deep sleep. I dreamt that I was playing a simplistic video game with large robots, and my robot character was getting hit by a cartoonish machine gun. I muttered, "Ow, ow, ow, ow." Then, I just blacked out completely. No more dreams.

When I woke up, I was told that I started muttering "Ow, ow, ow, ow." while they were moving the bones in my right arm back into place, and they freaked out that I was still awake or could feel, so they gave me even more anaesthetic.

That night, I fell into a tormented dream. I don't remember what it was about, but I remember that it liquefied me with fear. It had demons in it.

I don't know why it happens. Maybe it's the body's healing mechanism kicking into play, and the body experiencing hormonal overload for the first time.

I've broken other bones since, and none had such strong psychological effects. So many years later, I'm still considering going to a psychiatrist and getting tested to see if it had any lasting effects. (I don't know anything about psychology or the brain, so this might be a stupid idea. I really don't know, though.)

lin73
September 16th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Amazing experiences. :) Reading them just made me happy.

Gremlinzzz
September 16th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Bobby McFerrin :popcorn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU&ob=av3e

Don't Worry Be Happy

hakermania
September 16th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I am happy, no worries :D

Merisi
September 16th, 2011, 07:50 PM
When I was 10 years old, I fell approximately 25-30 feet out of a tree and shattered my forearms. When I was at the hospital, they drugged me, and I fell into a deep sleep. I dreamt that I was playing a simplistic video game with large robots, and my robot character was getting hit by a cartoonish machine gun. I muttered, "Ow, ow, ow, ow." Then, I just blacked out completely. No more dreams.

When I woke up, I was told that I started muttering "Ow, ow, ow, ow." while they were moving the bones in my right arm back into place, and they freaked out that I was still awake or could feel, so they gave me even more anaesthetic.

That night, I fell into a tormented dream. I don't remember what it was about, but I remember that it liquefied me with fear. It had demons in it.

I don't know why it happens. Maybe it's the body's healing mechanism kicking into play, and the body experiencing hormonal overload for the first time.

I've broken other bones since, and none had such strong psychological effects. So many years later, I'm still considering going to a psychiatrist and getting tested to see if it had any lasting effects. (I don't know anything about psychology or the brain, so this might be a stupid idea. I really don't know, though.)

That's a really moving story and quite a trauma to have gone through at such a young age. I don't know whether or not you should see a psychiatrist either but if you're feeling okay about things then maybe there's no urgent need. You may enjoy reading about some psychology or neurology or if you know someone in those fields they can give you an opinion on what happened to you. I think it's a good sign for you that you can share such a deeply personal trauma.

ScionicSpectre
September 17th, 2011, 01:38 AM
It will of course depends on your definition of happiness (happiness is actually a fairly new concept, so far as being communicated in language).

Contentment, peace, and self-regard are all important elements that can constitute long-lasting happiness of a 'true' nature (true meaning not manufactured, an unfettered emotional state). However, the emotion we often associate with happiness is something entirely different, and something that we physically cannot sustain for more than a few hours at a time.

There are certainly ways you can increase your chances of having that feeling, but to perpetually be in that state requires a level of insanity and physical abnormality as to be inhuman.

I think it's far healthier to derive happiness from the small things in life, to seek contentment through real achievements and pleasures, and not to ignore the great things you already enjoy. Many people never reach happiness because they refuse to be satisfied with anything less than the 'American Dream'.

I assume that's what you wanted to know when you asked if I'm truly happy. I think you can guess- I'm certainly not unhappy, or in misery. There was a certain point in my life where I realized I'd felt enough misery for how many years I had ahead of me, and I left a lot of drama and emotional baggage behind.

Unfortunately, some people never learn to see happiness without sabotaging themselves constantly with emotional distress and unecessary drama. TV and movies don't exactly show you a healthy way to live 'happily ever after'.

Phrea
September 17th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Are you truly happy?
No.

EDIT: I've been eying this thread for 2 days. You probably didn't want to hear my answer.

cprofitt
September 17th, 2011, 04:46 AM
When I need a quick happy moment I go to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

Yes, those are real people not actors.
69,311,754 views... impressive

in general this video might help a bit too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFDa9efCQU

GWBouge
September 17th, 2011, 07:40 AM
No. And I'm not sure that I've ever been truly happy. But, you find bits and pieces of moments along the way that make things worthwhile. Keep these moments dear to you, because you don't know when another one will come along.

Ji Ruo
September 21st, 2011, 02:53 AM
I have my battles with depression, where I feel my situation is untenable. But there are a few things that help me. First I try to get a rational perspective, as I realise that my depression is irrational. Second, I work to acknowledge the fundamental needs of every human being - everyone needs some kind of family, companionship, a nutritious diet, exercise etc. To think I don't need any of these is the height of disillusionment.

If you're looking for a state of constant happiness, it just can't be found, because nothing lasts forever. But if you're feeling that you have no happiness at all in your life, that indicates to me a need to change perspective. I found a search for 'higher meaning' helped me. I personally find comfort and meaning to life in Buddhism, which in practical terms means I am slightly more giving, less likely to do bad things to others (at least outright) and more likely to feel guilty about thinking badly of others :)

IWantFroyo
September 21st, 2011, 03:16 AM
That's a really moving story and quite a trauma to have gone through at such a young age. I don't know whether or not you should see a psychiatrist either but if you're feeling okay about things then maybe there's no urgent need. You may enjoy reading about some psychology or neurology or if you know someone in those fields they can give you an opinion on what happened to you. I think it's a good sign for you that you can share such a deeply personal trauma.

Thank you very much for your sympathy. I think I will see a psychiatrist one day. I'm just not sure I have the time right now.

On a happier note, reading makes me feel truly happy. There's just something about a good story, where you can lose yourself in someone else's problems. I can forget about the weight of my world, and lose myself in a different one. For a while after, it makes me slightly more motivated and happy. Reading really is one of the best things you can do for self confidence and happiness. Peaceful music would be close to that.

This piano music always make me feel a bit better. I don't remember how I found it, but I can only find it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtrTmiSLACI

As for books, I decided to read the first volume of Death Note. I don't usually read manga, but a good one can help as much as a book. Although Death Note is a pretty depressing series, it took my mind off a lot of things, and I found myself enjoying it.

WinterMadness
September 21st, 2011, 04:00 AM
Id be happier if I were done with college and had a family etc.

Dont want to give the impression that I dislike learning, I just dont like homework and tests...

BlinkinCat
September 21st, 2011, 05:26 AM
Although I didn't realize it at the time, I now believe I was truly happy prior to my divorce - I just didn't see it coming. I know if I had my time over again I would not take my marriage for granted as I did. I was enjoying life too much doing such things as sailing every weekend and generally caring for myself to the detriment of others.
Following my divorce, my life nosedived for ten years when I became an alcoholic and substance abuser - it has been only in the last 8-9 years that I have managed to pull myself together.
The main happiness I draw on these days is brought about by the successful lives of my children, my son is an executive and my daughter is a pediatrician. I do get some enjoyment within these forums and playing with my desktop.
All I can suggest to others is to never take your life for granted and actively explore every now and then ways you can improve your life and relationships.

wolfen69
September 21st, 2011, 07:10 AM
Although I didn't realize it at the time, I now believe I was truly happy prior to my divorce - I just didn't see it coming.

Hindsight is 20/15. (no, 20/20 isn't perfect vision, it's just an accepted number)

But yeah, I would do a TON of things different if I could go back in time. That goes without saying. But the funny thing is, even if I could go back in time, I'd probably still screw something up.

Things are looking better, which I'm thankful for. When I see all the mass suffering around the world, it makes me appreciate what I have. I'm surprised this thread has lasted this long to be honest.

I'd like to thank everyone for sharing your stories. It just gives us a little insight into how people feel. We may disagree about desktop environments, but I think there's more similarities than differences.

ninjaaron
September 21st, 2011, 10:53 AM
I'm quite happy. I'm not happy about everything all of the time, but in general, yes. I suspect this has something todo with the fact my religion teaches things can and will get better. The present state of affairs is nothing to shout about, but it doesn't bother me so much, usually.

sanderella
September 21st, 2011, 11:06 AM
I'm about 80% happy. I am 67, retired and worked for 40 years as a nurse, so I have a sense of achievement. My husband is still alive, so I have companionship, and my daughter is grown up so I have her friendship and love. I do some voluntary work which keeps keeps me feeling useful. I never had time to read novels before I retired, so I'm reading light enjoyable stuff now. I go ice dancing 2 or 3 times a week, exhilarating! Oh and I go to church on Sundays, and enjoy the spiritual bits of my faith. ):P

Happiness increases as you get older, as a general rule.

Merisi
September 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM
Thank you very much for your sympathy. I think I will see a psychiatrist one day. I'm just not sure I have the time right now.

On a happier note, reading makes me feel truly happy. There's just something about a good story, where you can lose yourself in someone else's problems. I can forget about the weight of my world, and lose myself in a different one. For a while after, it makes me slightly more motivated and happy. Reading really is one of the best things you can do for self confidence and happiness. Peaceful music would be close to that.

This piano music always make me feel a bit better. I don't remember how I found it, but I can only find it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtrTmiSLACI

As for books, I decided to read the first volume of Death Note. I don't usually read manga, but a good one can help as much as a book. Although Death Note is a pretty depressing series, it took my mind off a lot of things, and I found myself enjoying it.

I know exactly what you mean about books and I find that fantasy novels serve me well as an excellent form of escapism. I'm reading 'A Song of Fire and Ice' series at the moment and really enjoying it. I liked that piano track too. I do find it amazing how music can influence my mood so much.

Things that make me happy are: spending time with good friends, human kindness, not having anything to worry about and white bread and butter to name a few.

NightwishFan
September 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM
I personally find comfort and meaning to life in Buddhism, which in practical terms means I am slightly more giving, less likely to do bad things to others (at least outright) and more likely to feel guilty about thinking badly of others :)

I would not exactly call myself Buddhist (yet), but I loved learning about it and found a lot to agree with.

forrestcupp
September 21st, 2011, 03:05 PM

Unfortunately, it's against the Code of Conduct for me to talk about what makes me truly happy. You can bet it's not politics, though. ;)

IWantFroyo
September 22nd, 2011, 02:01 AM
Unfortunately, it's against the Code of Conduct for me to talk about what makes me truly happy. You can bet it's not politics, though. ;)

Same here. I find that just choosing to make a resolute decision and standing on one side of something makes me feel better. Stronger. More resolved.

mkendall
September 22nd, 2011, 11:23 AM

What's against the CoC about Sex, Drugs, and Rock'n'Roll?

anaconda
September 22nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Yes!

The only place I am not happy. Is at work, but I am quitting soon.

The funny thing is someone did this to me. I didn't exactly achieve this state myself.
It happened about 2 years ago. Since then I have been happy 95% of the time. And not just happy, but truly happy. (there is a BIG difference.)

For 2 years I have been thinking about it: "What is the nicest thing anyone can do to another person?"
I know the answer for me, but I think the nicest thing is different for everyone. Mine was a relatively small thing.

There are some truly good people out there. Wish I could do the same to someone else someday.

Pujims
September 22nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
Happiness, for me, is found in the small things. You need to appreciate the small stuff: a note saying I love you (if you don't have one write one to yourself or someone else), a really good piece of chocolate, a hug, finding a really close parking spot (then letting the old lady in the car behind you have it) Have your tea in a tea cup on a saucer (the nice one), The view of a really nice autumn day, Children giggling, the smell of a rose.....really stop and smell the roses!
Yes, I am truly happy

forrestcupp
September 23rd, 2011, 04:36 PM
What's against the CoC about Sex, Drugs, and Rock'n'Roll?
:lol: