PDA

View Full Version : UBuntu Installation problem

DeGillian
September 14th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I installed Ubuntu from the disc but while installing my pc shut down. I don't want to risk it anymore but I'm missing half my harddiscspace when I start windows 7. How can I delete Ubuntu from my laptop again?

Basher101
September 14th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Start up the Live CD again and search in the applications for Gparted. Post a screenshot while inside the Live CD session so i can give further guidence

coffeecat
September 14th, 2011, 10:48 PM
@DeGillian, welcome to the forum.

You posted in a thread about a wubi installation which does not appear to be what you have. In any event, please do not hijack other people's threads but start your own.

I have moved your and Basher101's (who is helping you - follow their advice) posts to a new thread. I've had to give it a fairly generic title.

aura7
September 14th, 2011, 10:56 PM
You can also recover your partition using Windows 7 where you can right click my computer -> Manage

From there you select Storage Devices and you can see all your partitions, format whichever you want or whichever was not visible to you earlier.

Else Use Gparted as adviced by Basher101

Blasphemist
September 14th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Maybe it will help the stress level if we explain what it sounds like has happened. When the unit shut off during installation, it sounds like the partition changes had at least started. If you install for dual boot of windows and Linux, the windows partition is shrunk to make room for Linux. If that part has been done it would explain why you notice disk space missing from windows.

I wouldn't worry to much. It's not a real hard thing to back out from here but on the other hand, don't loose your end goal either. Are you sure you want to back out or would you rather we get you started again on the install?