PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] "mount error(6): No such device or address" when mount a Samba server in LAN

sliter
September 12th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Command i use:
/# mount -t cifs 192.168.31.66:/mnt/samba /mnt -o username=root,password=password

The result:
mount error(6): No such device or address

My smb.conf:
[global]
security = user
[samba]
path = /mnt/samba
read only = yes
guest ok = yes
create mask = 0755
browseable = yes

I've googled for hours but no solution yet. Anyone have encounter the same problem?:confused:

Thanks in advance

2F4U
September 12th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I think you need to place "//" in front of the IP address.

Morbius1
September 12th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Replace:

cifs 192.168.31.66:/mnt/samba /mntWith this:

cifs //192.168.31.66/samba /mnt

Note: /mnt/samba on the server is the correct path to the target folder being shared but that's not the way you specify it on the client. On the client it's specified by share name.

sliter
September 13th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Thanks Morbius1,

That's solved my problem~~~;)

Replace:
With this:

Note: /mnt/samba on the server is the correct path to the target folder being shared but that's not the way you specify it on the client. On the client it's specified by share name.

infomaster
March 9th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks

QIII
March 9th, 2013, 09:17 AM
This is a very old thread.

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.

Thanks.

Thread closed.