PDA

View Full Version : Box.net giving away 50 gigs.

whiskeylover
September 12th, 2011, 03:30 PM
They're giving away 50 gigs for free. You do need an HP Touchpad though.

But once you download the Box.net app, log in from the Touchpad, and they automatically upgrade your free space to 50 gigs, you can access that 50 gigs from anywhere. You don't need the Touchpad anymore.

Just letting you know in case you haven't heard of it yet.

If you don't have a Touchpad, but have a friend who does, log in using your account, get the extra space and log out. :)

September 12th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Dang, should have grabbed that $99 TouchPad a while ago!

galacticaboy
September 12th, 2011, 04:08 PM
HA The 99$ Tech Unicorn! =-] Great job HP.

LMP900
September 12th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Are they limiting the max file size to 100MB? There are reports that they switched the limit - previously 1GB - due to the number of recent TouchPad owners.

whiskeylover
September 12th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Are they limiting the max file size to 100MB? There are reports that they switched the limit - previously 1GB - due to the number of recent TouchPad owners.

The limit on the free account is 100MB. But I don't mind it because I use it as a second backup for all my pictures (around 15 gigs).

whiskeylover
September 14th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Just found out that you can mount your box.net using DAV (connec to remote server on Ubuntu and Map network drive on Windows at https://www.box.net/dav), so it acts like a regular folder. The upload speed sucks though.

undecim
September 14th, 2011, 02:56 PM
You know, I'm sure a User Agent spoof would make it look like you're using an HP Touchpad.

LMP900
September 14th, 2011, 05:22 PM
You know, I'm sure a User Agent spoof would make it look like you're using an HP Touchpad.

I think you have download the webOS app on the TouchPad.

MasterNetra
September 14th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Big deal you get 50GB free in space with Adrive.com, and I don't think they have a cap on file size...they might but I've uploaded a file that was little over 1GB in size..but I probably could of easily gone higher I just didn't want to wait all day as I am on a wireless connection with my top transfer speed at 250KB-300KB, 1GB takes a good amount of time for me as it is...

*Update* Check Adrive's faq, the file size limit is 2GB.

lpwaqas
September 16th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Big deal you get 50GB free in space with Adrive.com, and I don't think they have a cap on file size...they might but I've uploaded a file that was little over 1GB in size..but I probably could of easily gone higher I just didn't want to wait all day as I am on a wireless connection with my top transfer speed at 250KB-300KB, 1GB takes a good amount of time for me as it is...

*Update* Check Adrive's faq, the file size limit is 2GB.
thanks for the adrive.com :) I was looking for some backup to upload :D

whiskeylover
September 16th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Does adrive have webdav for free accounts? I can't see the FAQ because it's blocked here.

MasterNetra
September 16th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Does adrive have webdav for free accounts? I can't see the FAQ because it's blocked here.

From FAQ

Q. Why can't I see my shared files with FTP or WebDAV?

Sharing a feature only of the web interface. We chose to leave public files in a separate place that can only be manipulated by the web interface because WebDAV and FTP don't provide a method to show a file as shared or not and no way to share or unshare a file. So, shared files will not appear in any WebDAV or FTP connection unless you make a duplicate of the file that is unshared.

I am guessing yes, but shared files I guess won't be seen by it. I personally just use the web interface.