PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever played (or watched) Fate/Stay Night?

September 12th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Just trying to find some comrades around...

Lucradia
September 12th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Would love to try watching it. Not sure if there's an English game out for it though yet.

del_diablo
September 12th, 2011, 08:16 AM
English fan translation patch patch (http://mirrormoon.org/projects/fate_stay_night)

And you heretics who have only watched the anime? There is a reason i call you heretics.
It also ruins the default route, which you have to complete to get Unlimited Bladeworks, and you have to complete UBW to get the best route.

NCLI
September 12th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Watched the anime first, then played the game, which is way better. It was one of my first eroge, and I remember being surprised by how much of a difference the H scenes made to the feel of the story.

September 12th, 2011, 12:40 PM
They say the routes get darker and darker...

Well, what do I know. I'm in the middle on UBW right now.

Lucradia
September 12th, 2011, 12:47 PM
English fan translation patch patch (http://mirrormoon.org/projects/fate_stay_night)

And you heretics who have only watched the anime? There is a reason i call you heretics.
It also ruins the default route, which you have to complete to get Unlimited Bladeworks, and you have to complete UBW to get the best route.

Sadly, I don't have the Japanese version either, so I can't install it anyway. Don't even think I should bother buying it anyway. I've had bad experiences with English patches.

madjr
September 12th, 2011, 01:24 PM
i love Fate/Stay Night (but have only watched part of the anime till now).

um, i knew your avatar was familiar :D

September 12th, 2011, 03:19 PM
um, i knew your avatar was familiar :D

Actually SPOILER ALERT!!!

They say that Saber is the strongest servant but all that happens is that she gets tortured one way or another in all the routes.

del_diablo
September 12th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Saber (noun)

A type of servant that is skilled with swords.
Comes with bonus magic resistance and riding skill

The rumor about "Saber is the strongest" is a result of fate laughing at the world: Saber has made it to at the least top 3 in each grail war.
FSN is about the 5th grail war, which means the Saber class has a decent track record.

RiceMonster
September 12th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Watched, never played. It was all right.

September 12th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Watched, never played. It was all right.

Dood you cannot judge F/SN by watching just the anime series, mon.

Also that movie was quite a bit bad.

mmsmc
September 12th, 2011, 11:18 PM
so im assuming its a good anime then? ive heard alot about it

September 12th, 2011, 11:57 PM

Depends on your tastes.

del_diablo
September 16th, 2011, 10:43 PM

The Anime is horrible, but its saved by having a good script to adapt from.
The Visual Novel is a lot better.
You also get to see Shirou die several times, which is a large bonus too.

ScionicSpectre
September 17th, 2011, 01:41 AM
I watched it, back in the day. It's the kind of anime that, as an adult, I wish I hadn't wasted my time on. But it's great if you're a teenager with nothing to do. :P The animation, story, and suspense aren't exactly worse than any other anime. It's just not what I'd call exceptional.

Luckily, I don't have time to watch things that aren't exceptional anymore. XD

P.S. Never read or played it, only speaking of the anime.

madjr
September 17th, 2011, 01:59 AM
I watched it, back in the day. It's the kind of anime that, as an adult, I wish I hadn't wasted my time on. But it's great if you're a teenager with nothing to do. :P The animation, story, and suspense aren't exactly worse than any other anime. It's just not what I'd call exceptional.

i thought the story was a bit odd, but what i liked about it were the main characters.

i might read the novel or play the game

anyway am looking for some more good anime, anyone has recommendations? (doesnt have to be "exceptional", my standards are not so high right now, since i have some time on my hands, so "good enough" will do)?

NCLI
September 17th, 2011, 07:25 AM
They say the routes get darker and darker...

Well, what do I know. I'm in the middle on UBW right now.
They do, they do....

Dood you cannot judge F/SN by watching just the anime series, mon.

Also that movie was quite a bit bad.
The movie was awesome! ... if you'd played the VN first. It made absolutely no sense if you hadn't, but it was nice for fans like me to see the famous scenes animated, and I think that was the target audience in the first place.

i thought the story was a bit odd, but what i liked about it were the main characters.

i might read the novel or play the game

anyway am looking for some more good anime, anyone has recommendations? (doesnt have to be "exceptional", my standards are not so high right now, since i have some time on my hands, so "good enough" will do)?
Well, it's hard to recommend anything without knowing what you've already watched, but from the past two-three seasons, I'd recommend(In order)

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu (Movie, watch the two seasons of anime first)
Usagi Drop
Ore no imouto konnani kawaii wake ga nai (OreImo)
Ano hi mita koto hana no namae bokutachi ha mada shiranai (Anohana)
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu 2 (Watch season one first)
Steins;Gate
Yosuga no Sora (R+)
Tiger and Bunny
Hanasaku Iroha
Nichijou

ZarathustraDK
September 17th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Obligatory warning about a certain anime : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYJdWh8OB9c&feature=related

Warning, contains harsh words and skin that may be offensive depending of what gender you make out the character to be ^^

hansdown
September 17th, 2011, 04:40 PM
That was disturbing, ZarathustraDK.

September 18th, 2011, 03:45 AM

...Might wanna try Tsukihime.

madjr
September 18th, 2011, 03:51 AM
...Might wanna try Tsukihime.

if you mean lunar legends, i watched that, very good. But not "exceptional" like what he wants (which i dont know which anime or anime type he would consider "exceptional". I think it all comes down to "current tastes" instead if something is good or bad...).

For example for me "saint seiya" is a truly exceptional work of art in its genre (even life changing a the time of my life that i saw it), its also a very popular anime (with a big fan base) in many parts of the world, but if it's not his "current taste" he would not find too much "exceptional" about it.

September 18th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Well, there's Fate/zero (anime) coming out in October. In the mean time, you might want to laugh your spirits off watching Carnival Phantasm.

Then there's always Clannad and, eh, When Cicadas Cry.

September 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I was kinda wondering what would happen if Lancer was to use Gae Bolg on Gilgamesh... Anyone?

October 12th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Hey I just realized something.
The name Arturia is very similar to the term Altruism. With good reason, too, since Altruism is, well, this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism).
I don't know whether TYPE-MOON did this on purpose, but man this was nicely done.

madjr
October 12th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Hey I just realized something.
The name Arturia is very similar to the term Altruism. With good reason, too, since Altruism is, well, this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism).
I don't know whether TYPE-MOON did this on purpose, but man this was nicely done.

might be that too, maybe the author has a hidden msg.

But i think Arturia is more like feminine version of Arthur (like king Arthur)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GkWPv1dmslM/ShuwED5-PtI/AAAAAAAAAkI/31ny0YI27Jg/s400/Roger%2BFederer%2Bas%2BKing%2BArthur.jpg

she may be Arthur's descendant and her sword is the legendary u know what! :o

October 12th, 2011, 05:25 AM
might be that too, maybe the author has a hidden msg.

But i think Arturia is more like feminine version of Arthur (like king Arthur)

(Pic)

she may be Arthur's descendant and her sword is the legendary u know what! :o

Maaaybe I'm imagining just a bit too much. BTW I've just started Heaven's Feel.

Artemis3
October 15th, 2011, 03:15 AM
It IS Arthur; female edition :)
If you can find the Type Moon prototype characters artbook, you will see him in almost identical costume.

October 15th, 2011, 04:50 AM
It IS Arthur; female edition :)
If you can find the Type Moon prototype characters artbook, you will see him in almost identical costume.

Yeah. TYPE-MOON Wiki. I checked.

Also anyone watching the new Fate/Zero episodes? I just finished the first one. Dude...

December 28th, 2011, 04:52 AM
OK I finally finished Heaven's Feel, after half a Gorram year of delays.
Now Hollow Ataraxia.