PDA

View Full Version : Python Module For Editing Video Metadata?

dniMretsaM
September 12th, 2011, 01:46 AM
I was wondering if there are any good Python modules for editing video metadata. I know Mutagen is very good for audio files, but I haven't been able to find any information about a module for video metadata. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

dniMretsaM
September 14th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Bump.

dniMretsaM
September 14th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Bump.

dniMretsaM
September 18th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Bump.

dniMretsaM
September 19th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Bump. Anyone?

jerenept
September 19th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I was wondering if there are any good Python modules for editing video metadata. I know Mutagen is very good for audio files, but I haven't been able to find any information about a module for video metadata. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe pyFFMpeg (http://code.google.com/p/pyffmpeg/)?

There seems to not be anything else, but I think you already knew that :P

dniMretsaM
September 19th, 2011, 02:46 PM
I'll have a look at that, thank you! And yeah, video metadata editing doesn't seem to have much support.

dniMretsaM
September 19th, 2011, 10:13 PM
As far as I can see, it just supports the normal transcoding ability of FFmpeg, so not what I'm looking for (although I may use it for something else though). I'll continue looking. I may end up use a program I can run as a sub process... Maybe someday (when I'm much more skilled), I'll write my own module for this.

HarrisonNapper
September 19th, 2011, 10:19 PM
PyPI brought up one that lets you get metadata (hachoir-metadata), so maybe that dev has looked at it before. Contacting the dev of that package is probably a good place to start.

dniMretsaM
September 19th, 2011, 10:53 PM
PyPI brought up one that lets you get metadata (hachoir-metadata), so maybe that dev has looked at it before. Contacting the dev of that package is probably a good place to start.

Problem. He's French, I don't speak French. I can't send a message to him on bitbucket (where he hosts his code) since I'm not a member (and I'm not going to join) and I can't find any other type of contact info (like an email address or something). And while searching I found a lot of libraries for viewing metadata (like kaa-metadata), but absolutely nothing for editing. EasyTAG can edit videos, anybody know of a CLI version of EasyTAG (<- stab in the dark)?

zcartist
November 17th, 2011, 03:19 AM
I don't know about python but you can edit metadata in banshee and VLC

banshee

go to edit/preferences

check write metadata to file

import the video and right click edit track info and save

vlc

play video

tools/edit media info

edit save