PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Battery indicator problem.

Firbewn9
September 11th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I accidentally removed notification area. After adding it, it changed. It lacks volume control, and log out options, but my main problem is the batter indicator. After the accident the indicators battery icon has changed. Thou it can react on things like plugging the power by simply disappearing, but when set in a constant presence mode it does not display the difference by changing icons. It works on other themes then "elementary", thou it worked fine before.

I am using 2.X gnome-core install.

Pariah819
September 14th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I am trying to do this from memory (since I'm at work on a ******* PC) but right click on the panel, and select "add to panel" then look for indicator applet panel or something like that. This should bring back all the stuff you lost.

Indecline
September 15th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I had the same issue (deleted notification area, lost battery, mail and volume controls from panel), and after (re)adding the generic "Indicator Applet" from the "Add to Panel" list all three icons reappeared.

Thanks for the advice!

Pariah819
September 16th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Hopefully Firbewn9's didn't give up, since he didn't get a response for a couple of days. Glad I could help fix your issue.