PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] xplanetfx live wallpaper won't render..

mike_crossgreen
September 11th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Hi I can't get xplanetfx live wallpaper to work, I'm not sure if i'm missing obvious but there doesn't seem to be anything on the web i can find to help so not sure..

Basically i downloaded the program and it's installed fine, but i'm not sure how to set it as my wallpaper? Have clicked exectute an=

If this is a really obvious one i apologise!

Thanks for your help :-)
Mike

overdrank
September 11th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Hi I can't get xplanetfx live wallpaper to work, I'm not sure if i'm missing obvious but there doesn't seem to be anything on the web i can find to help so not sure..

Basically i downloaded the program and it's installed fine, but i'm not sure how to set it as my wallpaper? Have clicked exectute an=

If this is a really obvious one i apologise!

Mike

Hi and have you tried running from the terminal as suggested here (http://mein-neues-blog.de/xplanetfx/#install).

xplanetFX
I just installed in 10.04 and working fine. What version of Ubuntu are you using?

mike_crossgreen
September 11th, 2011, 11:57 AM
11.04. Yeah so doing that just refreshes the image which is saved on the desktop but i'm not sure how to actually set it as the wallpaper.

Thanks

mike_crossgreen
September 11th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I've followed the advice further down that conversation (thanks for pointing that out) but adding the 2 images to background files hasn't worked unfortunately. It seems from the conversation further down the blog that that is a known problem which is being worked on so for now i think i'll have to settle for a fixed image :)

It's still pretty stunning though!

Mike

ilcontegis
September 16th, 2011, 02:29 AM
same problem here, running ubuntu 11.04 64bit.........that's so annoying..

ogburnpaul
December 23rd, 2012, 02:15 AM
Hi and have you tried running from the terminal as suggested here (http://mein-neues-blog.de/xplanetfx/#install).

xplanetFX
I just installed in 10.04 and working fine. What version of Ubuntu are you using?

I am using 11.10 and it wont render unless I keep the program open...how can I keep it in the tray..?...please and thank you...inadvance....please be easy...I am a noob...