PDA

View Full Version : Myspace Messenger For Linux?

Johnsie
May 29th, 2006, 07:24 PM
The've release Myspace IM for Windows:

http://www.myspace.com/myspaceim
(http://www.myspace.com/myspaceim)

I've started a Linux petition on their forum.....

I'm also interested in looking at the option of making a 3rd party client.

Harold P
May 29th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Replied. I want it too, for Gaim at least. :-?

RAV TUX
May 29th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Replied. I want it too, for Gaim at least. :-?

interesting I too think that it would be better to add it to GAIM.

bruce89
May 29th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Wow, some of these people are quite bad at the old grasp of english - http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=48602&categoryID=0&type=friendForum&friendID=78744676&IsSticky=&Mytoken=D7924C49-1F70-4094-A4EC0BA0C5135ABA849474890

man sumbody just IM me plz cuz this shyte wurx....any ladyz out there wunna holla at me....muh IM is Negram2000
even better

haha all of yall ppz are a bunch of idiots...wtf?? who gives a **** bout myspace...ITS JUST MYSPACE ...GET OVER IT!!!!....
"omg he's callin him a jock" ....wtf is a jock....it don even matter....*** all dat labeling ****..either ur tru or u aint...*** myspace freaks!!! smoke a blunt and get a life
-1-
Who'd want to "communicate" with these people anyway? Not anyone you know though I hope.

Harold P
May 29th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I have 250+ friends that I could talk to on it. After all, they are my friends--even if they sound pretty illiterate online... :p

briancurtin
May 29th, 2006, 08:00 PM
bruce89: welcome to the internet.

Virogenesis
May 29th, 2006, 08:01 PM
damn, why didn't they just use jabber for the server then anyone would be able to connect pretty much...bloody idiots...

Johnsie
May 29th, 2006, 08:01 PM
rofl... That's true that there are a lot of not so intelligent people on there. Pretty much the same as any other IM network.... I liked the Internet when it was a geek only thing but times have changed. A lot of people use Myspace to communicate with their friends but everyone's entitled to their opinion on it :-)

Johnsie
May 29th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I agree... and so do many other myspace users... Jabber would've made more sense..... Unfortunatley they had to use their own system :-(

Johnsie
May 29th, 2006, 08:05 PM
I'm currently seeing what can be done with it using Wine after installing it in a win box... might run a few packet sniffers on it too to see how it works.

bruce89
May 29th, 2006, 08:07 PM
bruce89: welcome to the internet.Too many people on it I think.

Lord Illidan
May 29th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Just hang out on these forums as I do, Bruce89. Nicer people you won't find anywhere else, I think.

imagine
May 29th, 2006, 08:18 PM
MySpace is the last site I would expect to use open standards. Heck, they don't even know HTML.

RavenOfOdin
May 29th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Myspace is crap, for two reasons:

#1: They don't honor their own rules, and when they do they are biased on personal opinion of the enforcing administrator. Not a very good way to manage a site.

#2: "Dr. Phil" McGraw recently featured Myspace on his show, doing an episode centered around Internet child predators - which that site is full of.

Johnsie
May 29th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Ok, guys.... I'd rather people didn't hi-jack my thread to say how crap they think myspace is.... If you wanna do that please do it elsewhere as the purpose of this thread is to get Myspace IM working under linux and not to flame.....

Johnsie
May 29th, 2006, 08:25 PM
ok... I'm getting some progress... it's now asking me for some dlls that I need to install... I'm gonna install them and see what happens...

bruce89
May 29th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Alright - http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1065658

Johnsie
May 29th, 2006, 09:07 PM

I'm pretty close to giving up trying to getting it work with wine.... After installing all the necessary dlls the error message that I'm getting is as follows:

Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime Library
R6034
An appilcation has made an attempt to run ATL80.DLL incorrectly
Please contact the application's support team for more information

Maybe I was close, I dunno.... If anyone wants to have a bash themselves or help then please feel free do do so :-)

Johnsie
May 29th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Well.... One of my other thoughts was to have a word with the gaim developers.... Some of the guys in the #gaim irc room were quite rude to me as soon as I mentioned the word myspace... It's a shame that when you're trying to do something constructive there are always people out there who have to flame and criticize everything or be really argumentative for no apparent reason.... That's the ugly side of the Linux community and sometimes it makes me sick.....

Anyone know of any good alternatives to gaim?

Sheinar
May 29th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Some of the guys in the #gaim irc room were quite rude to me as soon as I mentioned the word myspace...
To be perfectly honest, 9 times out of 10 you'd probably get the same sort of response, even if it was more tactful.

sapo
May 29th, 2006, 10:30 PM
I think that the internet doesnt need another IM, we have more than enough.

meltingrobot
January 17th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Anybody have any luck getting it to run yet? I am getting the R6034 error :(

Brunellus
January 17th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I keep my Myspace around for minimal contact.

The site is so badly designed and so poorly managed that it's positively a pain for me to use.

Mathiasdm
January 17th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Oh my God, I'm becoming illiterate by reading the posts on that MySpaceIM forum :eek:

Edit: and why does every single page have a bunch of Mac users screaming: "Hey, my Mac is like totally t3h superior to your Winblows PC! Give me a Mac version!"

*dies*

meltingrobot
January 17th, 2007, 04:12 PM
The've release Myspace IM for Windows:

http://www.myspace.com/myspaceim
(http://www.myspace.com/myspaceim)

I've started a Linux petition on their forum.....

I'm also interested in looking at the option of making a 3rd party client.

Do you have a link to that petition? That would be most helpful.

Thanks

Johnsie
January 17th, 2007, 04:14 PM
lol, I cant believe I started this thread.... That IM proved to be more of a flop than I expected. I think the whole myspace thing was just a net phase. The petition thread is somewhere amongst all the other threads but since they use a very poor forum system it's hard to find. Most people end up creating their own thread.

meltingrobot
January 17th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Well, I wouldn't quite say it has flopped yet. It is still in beta phase. And actually, the reason I'm interested now is that I've all of a sudden got several bulletins from friends that don't use other IM apps using the myspace one now. It doesn't hurt to have it as an option in Linux. If Linux is to be adopted by the masses, it helps to have everything that the masses wants as an option. If Myspace starts recognizing the Linux community as a portion of their customer base, then it will definitely make other people think more about Linux and open standards in the future.

meltingrobot
January 17th, 2007, 04:38 PM
lol, I cant believe I started this thread.... That IM proved to be more of a flop than I expected. I think the whole myspace thing was just a net phase. The petition thread is somewhere amongst all the other threads but since they use a very poor forum system it's hard to find. Most people end up creating their own thread.

I think I found it.
http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=49072&categoryID=0&type=friendForum&friendID=78744676&IsSticky=&Mytoken=A38DB2FC-F5D9-4EF9-BD38F1A83C42FBD546367020
Is it that one?

Brunellus
January 17th, 2007, 04:43 PM
The Myspace crowd isn't what I think of as a mass of potential linux users.

Johnsie
January 17th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure Myspace IM is being used by the masses. The beta has been out for a very long time now and while a lot of people tried it most dumped it and went back to msn or whatever they were using before. This was mainly due to a like of new features... Myspace IM doesn't do anything msn, yahoo or aol cant do and most people are already comfortable with what they use. I dont think a myspace plugin for gaim would do any harm but right now the priority should be to get the more popular services like msn, aol and yahoo working problely with voice and cam.

http://bigblueball.com is a good place to get news and info about the big windows messengers.

Johnsie
January 17th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Linux isn't just for nerds ya know... and we're not an exclusive club. If myspace users want too try Linux they are more than welcome to.

meltingrobot
January 17th, 2007, 05:04 PM

What ever happened to this?

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1

Johnsie
January 17th, 2007, 05:17 PM
in fact... the more new users we have coming in the more opinions we get telling us how to improve things. People should be there watching out for new users so that we can analyse how to make Linux for human beings.

Brunellus
January 17th, 2007, 05:28 PM
in fact... the more new users we have coming in the more opinions we get telling us how to improve things. People should be there watching out for new users so that we can analyse how to make Linux for human beings.
Suggestions are one thing, but color me cynical.

Too many new users come in, encounter the first minor differnce between Ubuntu and their prior environment, then post a petulant "Linux isn't ready for the desktop" or "Ubuntu should be more like Windows" post on these forums. aysiu will probably meld it into any or all of the megathreads on the subject, and then they either leave or stick it out and keep grousing.

Many 'criticisms' don't come from any real functional weaknesses in the operating system and its associated applications software. Rather, they stem from the unrealistic expectation of users that everything in their *new* environment should be *exactly the same* as their old environment.

A fair number of criticisms--including some justified ones--come out of circumstances that are, frankly, beyond the control of anyone in the community. Third-party hardware support isn't our problem, for instance. We'd like better support, just like everyone else, but we're not responsible, ultimately. Likewise, NIFTY.EXE probably won't run in Linux. Don't blame us. Blame the NIFTY.EXE developers for developing exclusively for Windows.

Bug #1 is structural and cultural, and it will be fixed, like it or not, by force. Most users simply don't care about their computers enough to worry about their operating systems, never mind *changing* operating systems. Bug #1 will be fixed when people who don't care about games or multimedia support--yes, *businesses*--start moving to Free Software on its own merits.

It certainly won't be fixed by a massive influx of Myspace users, who, if recent accounts are to be believed, can't be bothered to choose secure passwords.

Johnsie
January 17th, 2007, 05:34 PM
You are going to get good suggestions and bad ones... It's a matter of finding the good ones and acting upon them. Even the most intelligent people make stupid complaints or suggestions sometimes. Nobody here is talking about a mass influx of Myspace users, just that Ubuntu Linux is supposed to be user friendly and that means the opinions of new users are really important.

I think it's a bit harsh to say that people coming here from myspace are of no use to the devlopers who are trying to create an OS for ALL users. Their opinions are pretty damned important if we want to make an OS that people can use.

MrHorus
January 17th, 2007, 05:39 PM
If myspace users want too try Linux they are more than welcome to.

I guess the strange hybrid form of English that is used on Myspace isn't all that dis-similar to my average shell session...

christhemonkey
January 17th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I used myspace before i used linux, does that mean that i am not welcome in this community?
No.

To make it short, myspace users are people too.

(sorry to be offtopic, will try getting the myspace IM to run in wine tonight)

Johnsie
January 17th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Maybe someone could make a ghetto tranlation for Ubuntu :-)

Linux is freedom, why not?

BTW, I used myspace too, before I used Linux as a primary o/s. Now I am a Linux developer. This idea that Myspace users cannot and should not be part of the Linux community is totally against the ideas of freedom and humanity that the Ubuntu project encorporates.

meltingrobot
January 17th, 2007, 05:48 PM
It certainly won't be fixed by a massive influx of Myspace users, who, if recent accounts are to be believed, can't be bothered to choose secure passwords.

Sigh, the user is stupid mentality will not bring people over from Windows. It's a lot easier to deal with crashes, spyware, and virii if nobody is willing to help you move to a more secure/stable platform. And not all people are expecting Linux to be Windows. A lot of people just want to be able to do the same things as Windows users not necessarily the same way. Yes, a GAIM addition or another open source clone would suffice. Linux finally gets Flash 9 so that Myspace sites actually play music and video, and then an instant messenger comes out that we can't use. Yes, it would be better if people coded to open standards, but businesses won't see that until they see that users really do want a choice in how they work with their business.

Johnsie
January 17th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Well, I'm glad we got that little issue cleared up. Linux is free and everyone is welcome and some users who came from myspace became Linux developers/experts... now back to the topic. I tried to get the messenger to work before the windows 98 version came out. Basically what I did was:

Downloaded the installer to a windows machine
Copied the files over to an ubuntu machine
Tried to run them with wine

This failed so I installed the DCOM dlls or whatever.... I think there is a howto somewhere on installing that.

by running wine from a terminal I was able to find most of the dlls needed but in the end was unable to get it to work.

However, now that there appears to be a windows 98 version it might be work.

Brunellus
January 17th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Sigh, the user is stupid mentality will not bring people over from Windows. It's a lot easier to deal with crashes, spyware, and virii if nobody is willing to help you move to a more secure/stable platform. And not all people are expecting Linux to be Windows. A lot of people just want to be able to do the same things as Windows users not necessarily the same way. Yes, a GAIM addition or another open source clone would suffice. Linux finally gets Flash 9 so that Myspace sites actually play music and video, and then an instant messenger comes out that we can't use. Yes, it would be better if people coded to open standards, but businesses won't see that until they see that users really do want a choice in how they work with their business.
First, because it's a pet peeve of mine: the plural of 'virus' is NOT 'virii'. In English, it's acceptable to say 'viruses,' since there seems to be a fair amount of debate as to whether the Latin noun has a plural form at all. (notionally, it would be 'virora,' but that's not been seen in any extant Latin texts)

Second: individual migrations are irrelevant. Most users don't even know what an operating system is, never mind why they might want to throw away the perfectly good one--that they PAID for with their computer--for another unfamiliar system. Windows didn't win because it was the most 'ready for the desktop,' or because of its technical merits--it won because it was widely adopted by people who bought LOTS of machines at once. If technical merit or readiness for the desktop were criteria for adoption, we'd all be using Amigas. Where is Commodore now?

This isn't to say that Linux isn't for human beings, or that developing a usable desktop is a worthless goal. But I think too many people overstate the importance of atomized ex-windows users.

Johnsie
January 17th, 2007, 06:01 PM
dude, you're hijacking our thread. If you have nothing to say about getting this program to work on Windows I suggest you find another thread.

meltingrobot
January 17th, 2007, 06:22 PM
(sorry to be offtopic, will try getting the myspace IM to run in wine tonight)

Let me know how that goes, I tried with the MSIMClientSetup.1.0.529.0.msi

Johnsie
January 17th, 2007, 06:26 PM
I might give it a shot again with the windows 98 version..... If it works then I'll try and get a script made.... To make installing a little more user friendly.

meltingrobot
January 17th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I might give it a shot again with the windows 98 version..... If it works then I'll try and get a script made.... To make installing a little more user friendly.

Please do try, I'm very interested in finding out if anybody gets it to actually work. If you don't, please post what error you got stuck at.

christhemonkey
January 17th, 2007, 11:45 PM
It would appear that it is possible?

According to this post from the wine app database (http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=5007):

Success report
by Dan Kegel on Tuesday January 9th 2007, 13:41
This blog
talisein.livejournal.com/100942.html
said
"Later in the day I had a nice long IM chat with the Rogers. Actually we used MySpace IM for the first half of it. I downloaded the MySpace IM program and tried to run it with WINE, a Windows emulator (well, not really) for Linux. I've never really had a lot of success with it, because whenever I do try to use it I'm doing something rather obscure. But this time it worked! I didn't even realize the window had poped up, actually (the problem with working on 2 monitors) until some weird sound hit my speakers. from Robert pinging me"

Also quick question, how do you load a .msi file with wine?

Johnsie
January 17th, 2007, 11:50 PM
you're best extracting the msi first

christhemonkey
January 17th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Ok i installed it like this,

wine ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/msiexec /i ~/Desktop/MSIMClientSetup.1.0.306.0.msi

It installed fine, but upon running, i also get the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error R6034 (an application failed to load ATL80.DLL correctly)

Will keep trying this tomorrow.

meltingrobot
January 18th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Interesting, mine is with MSVCR80.dll

meltingrobot
January 18th, 2007, 06:01 PM
OH OH, I got some better progress!!! Use the instructions on this site to install IE5 and then go the the http://im.myspace.com site and run the installer from there. I'm actually getting the app to run now, but it crashes upon login. It's better than what I was getting before.

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Installation:Ubuntu

christhemonkey
January 20th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Ok meltingrobot, tried with ie4linux, and here we have it....

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23533&stc=1&thumb=1.3&d=1169322785

There is the slight text issue, but that may be to do with not having the windows fonts installed which might be easily fixable.

This is installing with ie4linux and using Internet explorer 6.

Will get to work on fixing those fonts.

(And please ignore my uber-emo photo...)

Brunellus
January 20th, 2007, 10:49 PM
well done on getting it up and running.

IE4Linux is one of my favorite tricks. I must remember to do something nice for the WINE devs.

christhemonkey
January 20th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Ok, just to say, installing the microsoft fonts didnt help, will keep trying.

meltingrobot
January 22nd, 2007, 03:31 AM
That's awesome man, I'm glad you have gotten farther than I have. That screenshot really gives hope of getting it working. I may try it again tomorrow if I get time.

Mateo
January 22nd, 2007, 05:21 AM
Why does every company feel the need to come up with its own instant messenging system? Aren't there enough as it is? Seriously people.

Polygon
January 22nd, 2007, 05:27 AM
they at least should use jabber like google does, that way you can still use their client, but can communicate with other jabber users.

meltingrobot
January 22nd, 2007, 07:41 PM
I definitely agree on the jabber thing. I also got to thinking, why didn't they just setup something with ajax that works right out of the browser on their site. That would have been cross platform too, plus they still would have had everybody using it logged into the site to see their advertising, which is why I assume they made their own from scratch.

Brunellus
January 22nd, 2007, 08:24 PM
I definitely agree on the jabber thing. I also got to thinking, why didn't they just setup something with ajax that works right out of the browser on their site. That would have been cross platform too, plus they still would have had everybody using it logged into the site to see their advertising, which is why I assume they made their own from scratch.
smart web design/development is in short supply over at Myspace, and has been for a while, eh.

ma1kel
January 22nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Good thing you got the greasemonkey extension for Firefox. :)
And Adblock Plus, and ofcourse the old HOST file.

meltingrobot
January 23rd, 2007, 05:49 AM
Ok, just to say, installing the microsoft fonts didnt help, will keep trying.

I am now at the same point you are. I will try more tomorrow as well. Let me know if you figure something out. Oh yeah, this is what I'm seeing when I run it from the terminal.

libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x5b
fixme:actctx:CreateActCtxW 0x33f9a4 00000008
fixme:actctx:ActivateActCtx 0xf00baa 0x33f76c
fixme:actctx:DeactivateActCtx 00000000 00f00bad
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x5b
fixme:win:UpdateLayeredWindow ((nil),0x33c,0x33ee10,0x33ee18,0x39c,0x33ee20,0x00 000000,0x33ee08,2): stub!
fixme:actctx:CreateActCtxW 0x33edbc 00000008
fixme:actctx:ActivateActCtx 0xf00baa 0x33eb84
fixme:actctx:CreateActCtxW 0x336e60 00000008
fixme:actctx:ActivateActCtx 0xf00baa 0x336c28
fixme:menu:GetMenuBarInfo (0x1004c,0xfffffffd,0x00000000,0x33f778)
fixme:menu:GetMenuBarInfo (0x1004c,0xfffffffd,0x00000001,0x33f778)
fixme:menu:GetMenuBarInfo (0x1004c,0xfffffffd,0x00000002,0x33f778)
fixme:menu:GetMenuBarInfo (0x1004c,0xfffffffd,0x00000003,0x33f778)
fixme:hook:IsWinEventHookInstalled (32773)-stub!
fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Not all src buffer has been written, expect bogus sound
fixme:menu:GetMenuBarInfo (0xa004c,0xfffffffd,0x00000000,0x33ea30)
fixme:menu:GetMenuBarInfo (0xa004c,0xfffffffd,0x00000001,0x33ea30)
fixme:menu:GetMenuBarInfo (0xa004c,0xfffffffd,0x00000002,0x33ea30)
fixme:menu:GetMenuBarInfo (0xa004c,0xfffffffd,0x00000003,0x33ea30)
fixme:actctx:ReleaseActCtx 0xf00baa

scottpledger
May 4th, 2007, 01:20 AM
I ran a packet capture on my windows machine (usually only used for testing my linux apps so that they are cross platform) and I discovered that MySpaceIM seems to be using port 1863 - the MSN Messenger protocol. I tried connecting with GAIM and modifying the server address, but that didn't work either. I'll try downloading the source code for GAIM and modifying it to use the MySpaceIM IP address (204.16.33.49) instead of the ms passport utility for user authentication.

MrLaister
May 26th, 2007, 12:24 AM
I've stumbled on the news that MySpaceIM is being implemented into Gaim in a 'Google Summer of Code 2007'

They already have alpha versions available.

Click through to review their work and download the addon:

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/MySpaceIM

I hope this provides hope for the future \o/

-MrLaister

guitodd
June 17th, 2007, 06:42 AM
I too thought MySpace was stupid.. once. I have a recording studio here in Vancouver Wa and a small indie record label. MySpace and SnoCap have been an amazing marketing tool for our music. I've also ran into people I have lost touch with. It's actually been a lot of fun.

mang
July 1st, 2007, 03:36 PM
I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd respond. Apparently pidgin supports it. I found it while looking up information on the myspace im protocol.

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/MsimInstall

regards,
mang

**EDIT**

Guess I should have read the whole thread. Apparently this was already mentioned.

trebor
July 3rd, 2007, 04:42 AM
Myspace im seems to be almost working for me, it just says "Sorry something unexpected has happened and myspaceim had to quit. Click ok to restart myspaceim."

It seems to me that we need to write a scipt to allow myspaceim to open the nessasary port, my says port
1863. Anybody have any Ideas?

Johnsie
August 29th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Howto Install Myspace IM with Pidgin/Gaim:

In terminal:

apt-get install pidgin-dev
apt-get source pidgin
tar zxvf pidgin_2.0.2.orig.tar.gz
mkdir msimprl-0.12

cd msimprl-0.12
tar zxvf ../msimprpl-0.12.tar.gz
cd libpurple/protocols/myspace

gcc `pkg-config --cflags pidgin ` -D PURPLE_PLUGINS -c message.c myspace.c -I../../../../pidgin-2.0.2/libpurple/ -I.
gcc -shared -`pkg-config --libs pidgin` message.o myspace.o -o libmyspace.so

sudo mv libmyspace.so /usr/lib/purple-2/

# the images would go in /usr/share/pixmaps/pidgin/protocols/

MDSanta
September 2nd, 2007, 12:01 AM
i've tried that but I keep getting cannot find package on all packages it attempt to download before compiling

ktraglin
September 6th, 2007, 06:00 PM
i would like to try this. what repository has pidgin & pigin-dev?

karellen
September 6th, 2007, 06:38 PM
bruce89: welcome to the internet.

I didn't know that internet = bad grammar & 0 ideas
(and yes, I hate myspace and all those extremely hilarious and stupid pages)

meltingrobot
September 6th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I didn't know that internet = bad grammar & 0 ideas
(and yes, I hate myspace and all those extremely hilarious and stupid pages)

Wow, thanks for you non-contribution to this thread! It really helped solve the problem.

ktraglin
September 6th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Howto Install Myspace IM with Pidgin/Gaim:

In terminal:

I found repository.debuntu.org, but after doing all the stuff you list, I still get "unable to connect" errors. I'm not sure what to enter for the account settings. Also, although I've found the icon files and installed them in /usr/share/pixmap/pidgin/protocols/16, 22, & 48...the icons still don't appear when setting up a new account - for myspace. Any suggestions?

redenex
September 10th, 2007, 08:53 PM
http://ubuntu-unleashed.blogspot.com/2007/09/setup-myspace-im-with-pidgin.html

Works fine for me on my Pidgin.:)

hl_hank
September 19th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I recently found out that eBuddy now supports webbased MySpace IM (also MSN, Yahoo, AIM, Gtalk), very handy on a Mac or on Linux: http://www.ebuddy.com/#myspace

hl_hank
September 19th, 2007, 12:55 PM
-

misfitpierce
September 19th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Yup yup pidgin has MyspaceIM now :)

Dudemeister
September 19th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Just use www.ebuddy.com, way easier!

misfitpierce
September 19th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I never did trust those websites allowing you to IM. Internal fear of them taking information and using it. :) lol

cooperkevins
October 24th, 2008, 01:46 AM
I'm currently seeing what can be done with it using Wine after installing it in a win box... might run a few packet sniffers on it too to see how it works.

cooperkevins
October 24th, 2008, 01:50 AM
To be perfectly honest, 9 times out of 10 you'd probably get the same sort of response, even if it was more tactful.

Use pidgin create a myspace account using same user and pass you do on myspace.