PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to install Itunes 10.3.1 64bit in Ubuntu 11.04 64bit

tjschaffer
September 11th, 2011, 01:01 AM
iTunes 10.4.1 I want to know how to install Itunes 10.3.1 64bit in Ubuntu 11.04 64bit with Wine? I had know problems with other Windows Based Software with Wine but when trying install with Itunes 10 it will not install. It seem to start to install but then stops.
What can I do get it work with 64 bit Unbuntu 11.04? Do have use all 32bit or use older version Ubuntu and Itunes?

I know that (Ubunt v10.10 & before) and (Ubuntu v11.04) looks very different and don't know if thats why or Itunes keeping it from installing? I can find a older itunes and use older ubuntu if i have to.

MARP1961
September 11th, 2011, 11:40 AM
To be perfectly honest with you, I have never heard of anyone getting iTunes to work correctly in Ubuntu using Wine. I have tried many times and often been able to install but never got it working properly. The iTunes Store certainly doesn't work. Apple simply want you to run iTunes on a Mac computer (even Windows computers seem to have problems with iTunes from time to time).

You have a straightforward choice:

Have a Windows partition to run iTunes and other Windows only programmes (Dual Boot) or manage without iTunes and use the Ubuntu default of Banshee which seems to manage iPods really well nowadays.

Just as an 'aside', has anyone ever managed to do anything useful with Wine apart from drink it?!