PDA

View Full Version : media center and WEP?!

hoarythehedgehog2009
May 29th, 2006, 06:50 PM
I know this is not exactly ubuntu related so that is why I posted this in the Cafe. I have googled it and found no results and you guys are the only ones I can turn to for this problem. Before you start complaining about the weakness of WEP...here me out because I frankly don't care about mac filtering, etc. right now:
I have a fairly large HOME wireless network (about 6 computers), so mac address is confusing for a novice like me and would be extremely tideous for anyone. I prefer and know EXACTLY how to use WEP, but I just have one major problem, one of my computers has windows media center one it and when WEP is enabled, it says that Windows cannot configure this network..so my network iis not even there,,,and when wep is diabled everything works FINE (I am using 64-bit (If 64 is the wrong number, sry...the lower of the two choices) WEP by the way) and it works fine with professional and home edition. I know how to do it in Ubuntu, but absolutely need this to work on my Media center computer...thanks a whole bunch.

hoarythehedgehog2009
May 29th, 2006, 07:56 PM
*bump