PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] flat bed scanner software

boblizar
September 10th, 2011, 10:31 PM
i found xsane to be lacking in features and options....

i found a program on synaptic called xscanimage.... it has preview windows bit depth selection, and dpi selection. i can turn the resolution way up on my images and scans with it.

ajgreeny
September 11th, 2011, 12:05 AM
i found xsane to be lacking in features and options....

i found a program on synaptic called xscanimage.... it has preview windows bit depth selection, and dpi selection. i can turn the resolution way up on my images and scans with it.
Are you sure about that?

You can set all those things, and more, in xsane, and see preview windows if you choose. I think you must have had a strange layout of it to think it is not fully featured. Are you really using xsane, or mistaking simple-scan for it. Simple scan is certainly lacking those things, but not xsane.

Also, I can't find xscanimage for lucid at all, so can not even check that to compare.

boblizar
September 11th, 2011, 06:39 PM
http://www.sane-project.org/man/xscanimage.1.html i guess they are the same thing? maybe its a front end for xsane.... i just threw it together quickly to start overviewing scanner software that doesnt pull up linux calculator style ip / port scanning, instead of home user scanning photos.

ajgreeny
September 11th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Did you notice the date of that link? It is 8 years old, so you may be right and xscanimage may now have been renamed xsane.

Here are two screenshots, one of xsane, the other simple-scan to show the big difference between them.