PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How do you alter your mouse's scroll speed?

GumpTron
September 10th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I have search through the mouse options and I see nothing for the speed at which the mouse scrolls a page. Currently, my mouse scrolls far too many lines when I use my browser. Can this be changed? :popcorn:

Tekno.Statik
September 10th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I submitted an idea to Brainstorm to add this feature! Sometimes Ubuntu scrolls too many lines, but in my case it scrolls too little, and I posted this idea so that some sort of configuration is added to control the scroll speed!

Check it here:
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/27631/

So far Firefox has a solution, but this does not work outside of the browser of course. I'm more interested in having a tool that allows you to configure the scroll speed (And/or velocity) in Ubuntu mouse configuration.

Please go to my idea and comment if you'd like to have the idea back in action.

walt.smith1960
September 10th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I submitted an idea to Brainstorm to add this feature! Sometimes Ubuntu scrolls too many lines, but in my case it scrolls too little, and I posted this idea so that some sort of configuration is added to control the scroll speed!

Check it here:
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/27631/

So far Firefox has a solution, but this does not work outside of the browser of course. I'm more interested in having a tool that allows you to configure the scroll speed (And/or velocity) in Ubuntu mouse configuration.

Please go to my idea and comment if you'd like to have the idea back in action.
Your idea appears to be closed, with a remark to pose it as a bug. Is there a way to reactivate it?

GumpTron
September 11th, 2011, 11:30 AM
wow that stinks big time :lolflag:

why would something so simple not be available? Is it not so simple to do?

xmtdeicide
September 11th, 2011, 01:49 PM
i have the exact same problem with a microsoft mouse.
Not have a real solution yet, but try unplug the usb cable mouse and plug it again. Works for me.

Tekno.Statik
September 11th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Well, Cheesehead said he closed the idea as "Not being an idea" because he said Gnome has to fix it as a bug, I've been e-mailing him with little success.

Here is what I asked him last time but he has not replied:

"Tell me, who is responsible for Mouse Configuration in System -> Preferences -> Mouse and I will gladly take it over to the appropriate venue.
Until then I am ignorant of that, Please advise."

So hopefully he lets me know who is in charge of that "Mouse" department because I have no idea.

If Ubuntu, then hopefully he re-opens the idea, but if it's Gnome I'll find a way to contact them about this issue.

GumpTron
September 12th, 2011, 11:11 AM
i have the exact same problem with a microsoft mouse.
Not have a real solution yet, but try unplug the usb cable mouse and plug it again. Works for me.

Wow, that actually worked :p

scrolls at an acceptable rate now, ty ):P

p.s. I use a Microsoft mouse as well, Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 to be exact.

coffeeliquor
April 14th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Wow, that actually worked :p

scrolls at an acceptable rate now, ty ):P

p.s. I use a Microsoft mouse as well, Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 to be exact.

worked for me too.. why is ubuntu still not providing fix for this problem?

sffvba[e0rt
April 14th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Old thread closed.