PDA

View Full Version : Polls

snip3r8
September 10th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Have you ever found polls helpful or informative?

catlover2
September 10th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Yes, however this poll is not very helpful or informative... :roll:

saltmarshlamb
September 10th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Sometimes :)

You missed that option out.

donkyhotay
September 10th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Sometimes :)

You missed that option out.

Except it's asking if you have *ever* found polls helpful or informative. Taking it literally a sometimes would be a yes.

forrestcupp
September 10th, 2011, 02:04 PM
The OP is the only one who voted no. ;)

How about an option called "I haven't taken the time to assess the situation, yet"?

saltmarshlamb
September 10th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Except it's asking if you have *ever* found polls helpful or informative. Taking it literally a sometimes would be a yes.

or a no :p

snip3r8
September 10th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Actually I voted yes

SeijiSensei
September 10th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Speaking as a former pollster, I especially appreciate the work of the Pew Research Center (http://pewresearch.org/).

Phrea
September 10th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Why is this thread still open?
It seems so pointless.

IWantFroyo
September 10th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Polls are nice. I just hate it when it becomes the main part of a thread. If it's aside information, then I'm okay with them.

Frogs Hair
September 10th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I have found some of the posts poll threads helpful and informative . The numbers don't mean that much because they are are reflection of only those who choose to vote on polls on this forum . Poll numbers displayed on this forum are not representative of what Ubuntu users as a whole may be concerned with or thinking about .

meh_phistopheles
September 10th, 2011, 05:14 PM
this poll is definitely not helpful because i voted no thinking you were talking about only forum polls, but other people have voted yes referring to pew research polls. plus there is no "don't know" option.

but, to clarify my choice of no, i think professional polls are extremely useful. especially considering i'm getting my degree in sociology. forum polls, on the other hand, are mostly wrought with bias response choices, ambiguity, and low response rates that make drawing inferences impossible, even if everything were done right.

_d_
September 10th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. :)

snip3r8
September 10th, 2011, 08:15 PM
this poll is definitely not helpful because i voted no thinking you were talking about only forum polls, but other people have voted yes referring to pew research polls. plus there is no "don't know" option.

but, to clarify my choice of no, i think professional polls are extremely useful. especially considering i'm getting my degree in sociology. forum polls, on the other hand, are mostly wrought with bias response choices, ambiguity, and low response rates that make drawing inferences impossible, even if everything were done right.
I was actually referring to forum polls

pretty_whistle
September 11th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Having a poll about polls is funny. :P

Copper Bezel
September 11th, 2011, 06:09 AM
No, the ten people who have voted no to whether or not there's any purpose to their having voted are funny. = )

SadisticCheeto
September 11th, 2011, 06:27 AM
I was also wondering this, and this poll helps me get answers. I have to say that it is quite informative.

snip3r8
September 11th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Having a poll about polls is funny. :P
then imagine how hillarous a poll about this poll would be